Bored??

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllenRae

A lot of the day I'm not able to be where my beardie is due to school and such, but when I am home he seems to just like to sit under his basking light and look around. He use to run all over his tank and check everything out but lately he seems to have... calmed down? I'm scared to take him out and let him run around since I have a very demanding terrier and a billion things he could run and hide behind where I couldn't get to him. I have a leash for him but when I put it on him he lays down with his arms stretched out and looks at me like "seriously, I won't wear this."

I don't know how safe it is to take him outside with pesticides and all the things he could try to eat.

Just some ideas about what I could do would be awesome. Thank you!!!

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Dragons all have very different characters - some are naturally lazy and like to do nothing better than... well, nothing.
Take my two for instance: Tsam (my young male) can't be bothered. Literally. He enjoys sitting on his hut watching the world go by, or sitting in his house watching the world go by, or sitting on a human watching the world go by.
Kyle on the other hand (my older female) is extremely active, she loves to run around and explore, demand attention and then just run away. (And for some unfathomable reason, has just stood on his sock and did a tidy little poop on it before he realised.)

By all means, give your dragons things to do: sticks and levels to climb, tunnels to hide in, hide little bundles of dragon pellets here and there - but don't worry too much about it. Play with them every day and make sure their tanks are somewhere where they can see regular human traffic through the house and they'll be very happy.

EllenRae

Original Poster
Okay! Thank you very much, he does have things to climb all over and in and we do try to spend time with him every day.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Another great way for them to have fun and get a workout at the same time is baths. Water up to their armpits that is tepid (warm to your wrist) for 10-20 minutes, or as long as the water stays tepid. My beardie seems to really like baths most of the time. It's very cute to watch him swim!

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Waxworms are ideal for "hide and seek" games as well as training. Show your dragon the treat, make a show of putting it somewhere "hidden" whilst they watch (so they can juuuust see it wriggle) and then let them go get it! Yummy! Tsammy's aim is so fine nowadays he can take a tiny waxie from my fingertips without so much as brushing them.

EllenRae

Original Poster
That's a fun idea!!! I fed my dragon by hand and now he refuses to go chase them. He's just got so much personality!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom