bored of crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjvolk2

tyson is 10 months old, but he seems to be bored of crickets. He is very active but for the last month he seems to not be interested in crickets at all. He actually will eat a big bowl of greens but will only eat a couple of crickets. I started feeding him hornworms(which he loves them actually he will jump for them) and im wondering if that has spoiled him. Is there any way to get him to eat crickets regularly again.

chancellor91

Juvie Member
:D just sounds like he is maturing and starting to like greens better, but feed him what ever he wants to eat that is of coruse healthy

SJM

Hatchling Member
At ten months old, it's normal for him to be eating mostly veggies. He may regain interest in them so long as they're not his ONLY food. Horn worms are good. Silk worms are amazing in my opinion. Not only do beardies love them, but they help with calcium absorption and can ease pain that comes with old age in lizards. You could also use Dubia Roaches or Phoenix Worms as live feeders. From what I hear, Dubia Roaches are easy to breed and don't smell.

Nobody wants to eat the same thing everyday! n____n

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I would suggest you tell your wonderful beautiful girlfriend how many roaches you want so she can order them for the sake of BOTH beardies. You know, if you don't tell her soon, she might order without you and you can pay your own shipping. Just a thought though.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Well Tyson decided to try a new food today- MY FINGERS! I was tapping them on my belly while watching TV and I guess they looked like a nice big worm lol. I have tiny tooth marks on my finger. Just thought I'd share.
Sara

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
LOL! That is very cute!

As said above, it is normal for him to start changing his diet at this age. By the time he is 18 months old, 90% of his diet should consist of greens!

Horn worms are very high in calcium and great to feed young dragons. However, horn worms are also high in fat. While your dragon is young and will end up burning most of that fat, I do not reccommend using horn worms as a staple food. Adult beardies are prone to obesity.

Keep offering salads! That's very healthy for your beardie! Continue to offer crickets. Maybe hold off on horn worms until he starts eating crickets again. I'm sure he will soon. :D

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Tyson usually only gets 2 or so hornworms a day because, honestly, we can't afford more than that. I figured that he was just switching himself to an adult diet early, but we do still want him eating more protein so he'll grow a bit more. He just hit 17" at 10 months. I guess he knows what his body needs better than we do, though.
Sara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom