Bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.

breeyawnah

So I've had my beardie for about 6 months now, hes almost a year!! Ahhhh. I love him to death. Sometimes I wrap him up in a warm towel at night before his lights go out and pet him to sleep. (See what I did there?) I let Thor run around and I throw worms that he chases after... its like.. Non-returning fetch.
I was wondering if you guys do any special bonding things with your Bearded Dragons, if so tell me! :D

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Naughtica used to fall asleep on my pillow while we would watch TV together. I think I have a picture somewhere. I will try to find it..

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
SANY0375.jpg

I used to have a better picture, but this is all I can find right now.. lol.

-Brandon

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
UltimateShelly":1k7jde69 said:
This is Troy. He sits with me and watches netflix :)

zJ4E8Ap.jpg
Troy has his own couch. I am jealous of Troy.

Tasty Treat likes to watch anime with us.
Mr Dargon loves to hang out on me, and he loves going outside. I take him out with me during the summer, he loves it.

making beardie burritos at night seems to help greatly with bonding. (wrapping them up in blankies and cuddling with them, not making actual burritos and eating them...)

breeyawnah

Original Poster
UltimateShelly":5qk8x7em said:

zJ4E8Ap.jpg
I AGREE! Lucky Troy with his own couch! I always make Thor into a burrito. Hes definitely not fat enough to eat yet ;)

bunnyrut":5qk8x7em said:
UltimateShelly":5qk8x7em said:

zJ4E8Ap.jpg
Troy has his own couch. I am jealous of Troy.

Tasty Treat likes to watch anime with us.
Mr Dargon loves to hang out on me, and he loves going outside. I take him out with me during the summer, he loves it.

making beardie burritos at night seems to help greatly with bonding. (wrapping them up in blankies and cuddling with them, not making actual burritos and eating them...)

Si and I are still bonding. But, he doesn't mind being held. :) He is still a active Juvi. So Doesn't sit still long. But, After his bath we sit with him wrapped in a towel and he sleeps for about 10 min. Lol Then he is ready to haul tail! I am Too paranoid to let him go free yet as he doesn't know me well yet. But He likes to have his Chin rubbed, and is fine with his feet, Tail, Mouth, anything touched! :) So, I am sure in a matter of time he will love me just as much as i Love him!

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
My favorite things to do with Dewey were... 1) holding him night covered with a blanket while fell asleep... 2) walking him outside when it was warm enough (always with a harness/leash)... 3) just lounging outside in the sun holding him. When he was young he was afraid to go outside, but as he got older he learned to love it. :)

I have my 6-8 month old come out with me every night, she lays on my chest with a little blanky I made her and falls asleep/cuddles while we watch tv before bed. :) And sometimes during the day too, though I always take her out multiple times a day.

breeyawnah

Original Poster
DeweysMom":1nfs7cuv said:
My favorite things to do with Dewey were... 1) holding him night covered with a blanket while fell asleep... 2) walking him outside when it was warm enough (always with a harness/leash)... 3) just lounging outside in the sun holding him. When he was young he was afraid to go outside, but as he got older he learned to love it. :)

Thor is 7 months and he despises the outdoors! He puffs up and hisses at me, then once we reach the door its heaven again. I love to wrap him and watch tv. I have cats also, so I can't ALWAYS let him run around my room. Hes pretty tough though, he scares two of them.

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
breeyawnah":hhc3a6ar said:
Thor is 7 months and he despises the outdoors! He puffs up and hisses at me, then once we reach the door its heaven again. I love to wrap him and watch tv. I have cats also, so I can't ALWAYS let him run around my room. Hes pretty tough though, he scares two of them.
Dewey never puffed or hissed at me, but he clung on extra tightly while we were outside. He'd tuck his head under my chin too. I hated seeing him scared, but felt that he would enjoy being outside and getting real sun if I kept bringing him out. It took some time, but he did eventually like it. It got to the point where I'd put a harness on him and we'd walk around the yard at his pace. His pace consisted of laying there, running a good 10 strides or so, then laying there again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete5775
Top Bottom