Bogie IS LOST OUTSIDE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
I'll be sending my good wishes for a safe return as well.

I am so sorry to hear that :cry: , please keep us posted.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
:( Still no Bogie this morning. I went back outside last night and searched. Sometimes a flashlight in the dark makes it easier to find things. The kittie that likes him is still hanging around the holly bush. But I have searched it so much I feel like a pin cushin, still no sign of him.

I live an hour south of Nashville, Tn. But the storm moving through this afternoon is supposed to drop the night temps into the upper 30's again. :shock: Last night it held aroound 50. Back up to 70 today, tomorrow about 60.
I live out in the sticks, as we say around here. My nearest neighbor is more than a football field away. I truely don't think he would get that far.
I checked his favorite hiding places inside,just in case. No luck. :( Once the weather goes downhill I'll search better inside. Now I'm going back out. Hopefully he'll just walk up and beg for his morning salad.

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers.

Sandy H

dragonphoenix36

Juvie Member
..I am so sorry to hear this. I will continue to pray to St. Jude for Bogey's safe return. I know it's easy for us to sit here and tell you not to blame yourself or beat yourself up over it, but really, you shouldn't. We've all made mistakes, and we all still will. That's the crappy part about being human, we're not infalliable.
Please keep us posted. Hugs to you & your family.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Sandy I had trouble sleeping last night as I just could get you, the kids, & Bogie out of my head. So I know you must not have sleep well either. I didn't even shut my computer off last night...I had to keep checking on Bogie an the first thing we did this morning was check to see if he had been found.

I'm still Praying an I will be sending positive good thoughts your way. I'm panicking with you so please let's us know as soon as you find him. I know you will as soon as you can stop snuggling him.

Frank is even upset about Bogie being MIA. And Richard sends his prays too. He was so upset to come home from school to find his mommy crying over her Internet friends misfortune. He says he thinks Bogie ran back in the house like Checker's does when he is outside on the porch. He wanted me to tell Katerine not to be mad at you. Also wanted me to tell Katerine to go outside and lay down on the ground and look in every direction even up. Funny boy says to bad you don't have a female beardie too or you could use her to lure him out. Can you tell he has practice with lost beardies? Fortunately it's always been in the house an it happens so often that there really isn't any where they can hide that we don't know to look. An it never fails they always seem to be in the dustiest spot in the house it's like they are attracted to dust an;or cobwebs.

Best wishes and good luck on your search today.

(((HUGS!)))

beardlover

Juvie Member
I lost my Nixon outside for three weeks and we found him ALIVE. My only suggestions on having him come home safe and sound is...put out heating pads, hot water bottles - anything for warmth...you can try digging a hole and putting a heat source in it. Leave out food - favorite treats, and clothing that smells like you, or if he has a favorite blanket?
When you do find him (I have faith you will), take him to the vet asap...Nixon ended up with an impaction so severe it was his end, but he was out in sub zero temps. for 3 weeks...DONT GIVE UP!

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Oh no Sandy i just seen this post been so busy with family. I hope you find bogie! You know how tuff they can be they suprize us at every turn! You guys are in my familys thoughts and prayers!

Come home bogie!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
I've been praying and praying for Bogie to show up safe and sound today. I just know that he'll want to find himself a nice hot rock to bask on... don't give up!!!

SuperMom30

Hatchling Member
I was sooo wishing that when I got on he would be home :( Just don't give up!! Put lot's of things out with heat it should draw him to it....I will keep the prayer going for him and your family

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Just came in from another round of searches. I keep going back to that holly bush for some reason. He likes to hide there when he gets startled. Midnight is hanging around there too. That makes me think he is looking for his friend. I am going to move the heat lamp over closer to the bush and hope that works.
Tell Richard that I wish I had a female too. I know Bogie would cone running for her, the way he has been bobbin' and black bearding! And Katherine isn't mad at me. She is so happy with her pregnant cat she hardly notices Bogie missing. Also, She is certain he ran inside. I wish I was so sure.
You are right I will post here even as I snuggle my lost one as soon as he comes home! I will not keep any one waiting. It is so warm here today, I'm not to worried about today. But Tomorrow night.... How cold can they get and still be ok? It is going to warm up again soon. Still will one or two nights in the 30s or 40s hurt him?
As for treats- the yard is knee deep in clover and dandilions and the crickets are everywhere. It would be hard to tempt him with anything else.
Keith just called from work. He is coming home as soon as he can to help trim that bush back. Hope we find the little guy there.
I always thought St. Francis was for animals and St Jude was the children's saint? :?
Doesn't matter, keep praying. Personally I'm goin straight to the Top. I know he hears. I just need to be patient.

Sandy H

Lyles

I am sorry that your beardie is lost outside. I live close to you, and am hoping that the rain decides to change its mind as it is so beautiful outside right now. Good luck on finding Bogie.

beardlover

Juvie Member
protiemama":bd7db said:
But Tomorrow night.... How cold can they get and still be ok? It is going to warm up again soon. Still will one or two nights in the 30s or 40s hurt him?

A couple nights in those temps won't kill him - I am sure of it. I had a beardie lost outside with night time lows of -15 degrees for 3 weeks. He was found in my neighbours strawberry patch cold but and skinny but alive....have you checked outside of your yard?

We are all pulling for Bogie and your family.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
My Yard is 5 acres big! :lol: The road is 30 yards or more from the front porch. I truely don't think he has roamed from my "yard". Glad to know he will be ok in the cold. I have fixed up a rock and a heat lamp in a sheltered place for him. It's near where he went missing.

The storm has started, really high winds now and hail to come, little rain so far. If it gets too bad I won't be able to get on line. We have satalite internet. Bad storms tend to knock us offline.

We made a nest for the cat in the shed, those kittens will prob be here by morning. She is just too young for this. I can't believe I made that kind of mistake! :oops: You would think I could tell the difference with a cat!
Keep praying, please. I don't need a tornado today.

Sandy H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom