Body Spasms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShereeLynae

Today I was feeding my dragon, Hezekiah, some cabbage. He was loving it, like usual but then as I was feeding him a piece I noticed his entire body twitched to one side. I was kind of taken aback and he did it once more. This kind of freaked me out because I had no idea what was wrong. I put him back in his tank and stopped feeding the cabbage. I was scared because I remembered reading about feeding a beardie too much and it presses against their spines causing seizures or something? See, I really don't know what I am talking about and that is why I need help. He has never done it before that I have noticed, and everything else is normal..standing up on all four legs, basking, running around, and hunting crickets like he'd never been fed before. So what do you think is wrong, is it normal, and what should I do? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Twitches can be scary. You say he moves well otherwise?

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Above is a link to a great site we use on beardie nutrition. Please check it out.

Also, what bulb are you using for UVB? Can you tell us the brand and the shape of the bulb?

Do you supplement with calcium and vitamins/minerals? If so, how much and how often?

How old is your dragon and how long have you had her?

ShereeLynae

Original Poster
He has not done it since I posted this. I also haven't fed him kale since. Yes, he moves around very well. Quickly, and he loves climbing, basking. Everything. His UVB light is Exo Terra the energy saving bulb( twisty) and also his heat lamp supposedly gives off UVB as well, that's what the guy at the per store said. I'm not sure but I think it is Exo Terra, too. And it is in a 'sun dome' lamp.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good he hasn't had anymore spasms now.
The Exo terra compact/coil light will need to be switched out though as it is not strong enough to promote D3 synthesis. You can change out to the Reptisun 10 tube bulb or the Arcadia D3 12% tube bulb, either one is fine.
Are you using a bright white basking light also?
How is he doing today?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom