Bo finally found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is a great day. After 6 weeks I finally found Bo. I gave up looking because I thought she found a way out. I got her for free because she was found by someone out in a field in fl. So I assumed she was an escape artist. My roommate heard her scratching and we had to pry a board off to get her. She did not seem to lose any weight and seems like normal

tonygz88

6 weeks! How did she escape any how? I know none of my dragons are strong enough to slide glass doors or push open 4 foot long tank lids.

alil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I let her out to roam the house and she usually behaves but this time she found a little hole under my cabinet. A hole so well hidden that even my male who on sight of her tries to run through his cage to get to her could not find her

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is fantastic after that long you found Bo! At least she is in good condition, also. :D
They sure do find small spaces to hide in.
An early Christmas present for you then.

Tracie

waterzgood

Hi,
We (my son and I) just had a similar experience. We lost our bearded dragon, Bob, for 8 weeks! We were sure he was dead the day he escaped from his outdoor enclosure because the weather was turning cold (20-30 degrees at night). I was devastated. I thought I saw a ghost the other day when there he was in the garage staring at me from the bottom of our wood pile. I screamed - it was unbelievable to find him alive. Like Bo, Bob seemed like he hadn't missed a meal and didn't seem dehydrated. BUT, he sure got a taste of the wild! He goes crazy in his cage now, standing up and pawing at the glass for an hour at a time! We take him out a lot, to hold him and to let him walk around inside and out with careful watching. He also has a spot on the windowsill where he like to sit and stare out the window. But he is definitely a changed man from his excursion.
Does anyone have any ideas about how he could survive in that cold for 2 months? I guess he was hibernating, but by the way he acts, it seems he was running around. When we let him out now he is FAST! We are so grateful to have him back.

alil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
They go into a hibernative like state until the weather warms up. In this state they don't really need to eat as much.

waterzgood

Do you or anyone know how long bearded dragons can live like that - in a hibernation state? If he was hibernating, I wondered how he was awake to come out and find me? Just kind of wish he could talk and tell me what he did that whole time. Thanks for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom