Blue tongued skinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
We are seriously considering getting a blue tongued skink. We (err I was) torn between a uro and a skink but we decided a skink might be best because of the similarities in diet. We already have a roach colony going (I understand they can eat them), and we're going to be building some crossfires here within the next few months. We won't be getting anything until then. So I have some time to do some research. Can anyone recommend some good care sheets and breeders? I've done a little reading, but for all I know I could be hitting all the bad ones. TIA.

Aleu

Oh blue tongued skinks are fun little guys! you're going to be very happy. We have one named Elwood :) He LOVES scrambled eggs, fruit (especially grapes,and berries but especially blueberries), and of course his feeder roaches. We mist his cage every day and he laps it up off the side of the tank. He prefers that to bowl-drinking.

http://www.anapsid.org/bluetong.html <---her care sheets are pretty accurate for most of the species she has on that site.

Floof

Juvie Member
I've heard this care website referred to as the Bible of Blue Tongue Skink care... http://bluetongueskinks.net/ Definitely a GREAT read for anyone interested in BTS. There's also a forum--at the bottom of the navigation bar on the left, the second link to the bottom.

I haven't read the care sheet on Anapsid, but I've seen a lot of caresheets on that site where she has listed inaccurate and just plain wrong things as true, so I'm skeptical and would be hesitant to go just by that caresheet. JMHO... Like I said, I haven't read it, so her BTS care sheet may well be spot on and I'm just not aware of that.

Anyway, Ziggy, I hope this is helpful to you!

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thank you. That's one of the pages I read up on. Nice to know it's a good one. I read a whole lot of different views, I wasn't sure which was right and which was wrong anymore.

But I'm actually undecided AGAIN on the skink. When i was window shopping breeders I ran across the Deer Fern Farms site and saw the urgos. So now I'm leaning towards those again. I wish I could have both! I hate choices sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom