Blue Tongue Skink Eye PLEASE HELP INCREDIBLY URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
On April 7th of this year I purchased a Halmahera BTS at a reptile expo. When I got her she had a stuck shed on her eye and it seemed to be a little infected. I treated it with antibacterial spray and it got better if not a little dry but normal looking. Recently it’s began to get yellow dried looking again and I think the infection is reoccurring. There is also skin growing over her eye and it’s beginning to make me worried. I flush her eye with purified water and spray it every other day. I also have her on paper towel rather than substrate so substrate won’t get in her eyes. I forgot to mention that it has spread to both eyes rather than just the one. I am contacting a exotic vet as soon as they open up after this weekend, but I was wondering if there is anything else I can do and what exactly happened to make it get so bad after it looked healed. Thanks in advance

Babybeardie3

Original Poster
If you need pictures could you leave a link on how to post them. The directions on picture posting seem never ending so it would be grateful appreciated if you could give me the updated way. Another thing I forgot to add was that other than her eye she seems perfectly healthy. She moves around, poops (a lot), and eats just fine. So I’m not really sure what’s happening. She acts like she doesn’t even realize that she’s basically half blind.

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
Unfortunately I don't know anything about blue tongued skinks so I can't help with that but to post pictures go here: https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/#list
Then click New Upload and Upload File. When you want to post an uploaded picture just click the XIMG button up where the Bold and Font colour are and choose the image you want to upload. Hope your skink gets better! :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is so sad, we do need to see some pictures if at all possible.
It sounds like a bacterial infection to me. What type of medication were you using on the
eye, previously?
What is the humidity like in his enclosure? I am wondering if it's too humid or something
which could encourage bacterial issues. I'm glad to hear you have a solid substrate too,
that should help. Did she have a loose substrate before?
You could get some raw, unpasteurized honey or manuka honey to treat the eyes. You will
need to warm it up & thin it out to where it is pretty watery so you can use an eye dropper
to drip it into the eye.
When are you going to be able to take her to the vet? Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom