Blue poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seamus1

So today when I got home I saw that my beardie had poop a blue colored mess. He has been eating Phoenix worms and mealworms as treats. He doesn't prefer greens so I have been not providing a lot. He is not a young beardie maybe 5 or 6 months old. He had been pooping normal looking stools brown with the white urinate but today is different. Any advise and or problems he might be having?
image_zpsdr0guofm.jpg
[/url][/img]

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like he may be a little bit dehydrated. I would try providing some warm baths to see if he drinks from it. I'd still also provide a fresh salad daily with some dark greens like collard, turnip, or mustards. He may ignore it but it's good to let him know it's available as a food source and can provide some additional hydration. Don't worry about one odd looking poop but if it continues you'll want to take action.

Seamus1

Original Poster
He is in the middle of shedding so I have been misting him and giving him baths and I'll try and put more greens in the meal

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, he may be slightly dehydrated so increasing his greens & more frequent baths should help out a lot.
Are you feeding him any beardie pellets of any type? What type of supplementation are you giving him?

Tracie

Seamus1

Original Poster
So he only pooped blue once (thank god) but he wasn't on any pellets, I have sweet peas in his diet know and he loves them. He doesn't like pellets so I haven't provided any. He is currently eating Phoenix worms and Dubia roaches, the roaches I coat once a weak with repti-multi vitamin. The Phoenix worms I heard don't really need any additives.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is he doing today?
Sometimes the stools can change color, depending on the amount of greens, vitamins, etc taken in. What type of foods & fluids do you feed the insects?
At least he hasn't had another blue stool since then.
You are giving calcium several times a week correct?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom