BLOODY POOP!!

slrab

PLEASE HELP. I came home
And saw bloody poop in my lizard cage! Picture below!! I freaked out checked her she was nice and warm no stress marks. She is lethargic. I put her in soaking warm water to wash blood off. She does lift head. She has eaten in the last 24 hours. I cleaned her cage. We’re way too far from a ER vet. This is her after all that
71349855202__8474434B-F979-49BF-8264-87FD4AFD7D70.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 55

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor girl. It is hard to tell whether her beard is dark? Is this the first time that has happened?
Can you think of anything that color she ate or drank?
That is disturbing if that is blood, which it does look suspiciously like it.
Has she laid any eggs at all? I would recommend trying to get her to a vet if you can, to be sure
nothing serious is going on. Has she been eating & drinking normally?
For tonight, do your best to keep her comfortable overnight. Keep her a little warmer in her tank,
around 75-80F to boost her system.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please get her off the wood substrate --- you can get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank -- please go over the UVB your using NO coils please --- here is a website for a reptile vet - if your in a remote area please type in the biggest cities zip code closest to you www.arav.org

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today, any improvements? Is she still having blood or off colored stools
today?
I realize you are far away from a vet but if she is still having these issues, it is imperative that you
get her into the vets. As Karrie suggested, if she is on a wood substrate & able to ingest any of that
then that may be the culprit.
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudeGurl
Top Bottom