Bloody poop? Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oword57

Hello. I have a bearded dragon that is about 2 yrs old. I feed her crickets, silkworms, and greens. All dusted with repti-cal and herptivite.I have a 160w MegaRay that is 12+ inches away from the basking spot and a 100w uv bulb to boost temps a little. Basking temp is approx 100 degrees, cool side is 80 degrees. I use ceramic tile floor. She does not poop often, but today she pooped and this is what it looked like...
IMG_1919.jpg
What does this mean? Thanks

Tigg

Juvie Member
If you haven't scooped and thrown out that stool yet, you may want to take it in to your local Herp vet and have it tested. Most times blood in the stool is do to parasites, Has your beardie been lethargic or anorexic lately?

Pleaides

Juvie Member
i agree with Tigg, if you have kept it then get it checked just to be sure, if you havent then next time he poops definitely get that checked, with or without the blood if parasites or worms are present the vet will know.
good luck and keep us posted!

covedweller

Juvie Member
i don't know if it has anything to do with the odd poo but, the megaray 160 is supposed to a minimum of 15 inches from your beardie.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What are you measuring your temps with? Using 260watts is alot. The 160watt Megaray should actually be 15+ but preferably 18 inches away. Do you need another 100 watts for him for heating?
Definitely, a fecal would be a good thing to get done. Blood in the stool is most likely hookworms, sometimes parasites. Did he strain when going to the bathroom?
Sometimes dehydration can cause blood in the stool from having to strain as well.
Are you using calcium & a UVB light too?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom