Bloodbankdragon video response

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodbankdragon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Spyderk, an anole will not cause impaction. There is just no way. I know for a fact small lizards make great feeders. No risk of impaction at all. As for your allergy please be careful. Even a small exposure could be debilitating. Jamie at diamond den almost died last year after a small, short exposure to her roach colony. She spent several days in the hospital with heart failure. You are showing scary symptoms and are likely highly allergic.

Steven Barnes

Honda99300ex

Juvie Member
I know I love the dragons I got from Steven...and he was the most helpful/understanding person I have ever dealt with while purchasing a reptile. He was super helpful, and at his expense, more than one time!, sent me another dragon. He has also helped me with a couple health issues I had(an eye infection) and I would not ever hesitate to order another dragon from him. In fact, when I get to finally purchase my female Leather, it will be a trans. leather from BBD. :D Thanks steven, for all the help and the Dragons!!
IMAG0229.jpg

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

Gail

BD.org Addict
I had a severe allergy attack a few days ago while cleaning my dubia. It almost sent me to the hospital after my lungs filled with fluid and I coughed blood, I gave the whole colony away that day.
My allergies also started as itch hands or sneezing. Now I am roach free and feeling tons better.

spyderk

Hatchling Member
bloodbankdragon":29gup61z said:
Spyderk, an anole will not cause impaction. There is just no way. I know for a fact small lizards make great feeders. No risk of impaction at all. As for your allergy please be careful. Even a small exposure could be debilitating. Jamie at diamond den almost died last year after a small, short exposure to her roach colony. She spent several days in the hospital with heart failure. You are showing scary symptoms and are likely highly allergic.

Steven Barnes

I am a very new dragon owner, so I have no idea on what will cause impaction. However, I was told not to feed anything bigger between the space between the eyes for young dragons. Now I will feed superworms that are definitely longer but thinner (and quite soft with no bones) as Puff is getting a bit older. It would be my assumption that feeding another animal with bones wouldn't be in the best interest, though I am entirely not positive of that. I've never heard of the routine feeding of anoles to bearded dragons. I thought it was just for shock value on YouTube (other videos, not your recently posted one).

I'll have to look more into the allergy issue. That's scary stuff. I remember when the test came up positive for strong allergy to roaches, I was like, who cares? Not like I'll ever come in contact with them! There are definitely no free-roaming roaches from where I am from.

Jess

Extreme Poster
I also wish you would have posted your reasons for feeding the scorpion and anole... I think it gave people the wrong idea. Since you guys are professional breeders, a LOT of people look up to you and follow your example when it comes to beardie care and diet. Instead of thinking "Look at how aggressive those beardies are with smaller lizards... I definitely shouldn't house them together!" I think more people thought "Wow, look how awesome it is to see those lizards eat scorpions and other lizards! I'm gonna go buy some now, so I can watch my beardie kill them. Bloodbank does it, so it must be safe!"
Except those people probably wouldn't think of cutting the stinger off, since you never mentioned that in the video.

I was really disappointed in that video... It was unnecessarily cruel to the feeders involved (And it's not that I'm against using them as feeders- It's the fact that they suffered just so your video would attract more viewers) and it gave beardie owners the wrong idea.

Just my opinion.

spyderk

Hatchling Member
Gail":1lsuvsfq said:
I had a severe allergy attack a few days ago while cleaning my dubia. It almost sent me to the hospital after my lungs filled with fluid and I coughed blood, I gave the whole colony away that day.
My allergies also started as itch hands or sneezing. Now I am roach free and feeling tons better.

Okay, I realize this is not the intended topic, but wow! I will do a search on the board to see more about this. Did you know you were allergic to roaches beforehand? I just assume if I didn't touch them, I'd be fine.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
i know people have mixed feeling on smaller animals as feeders but as for me i have seen way to many beardies at our vet office seriously impacted sometimes dying because they were fed geckos and other small animals. yes the video was disturbing but how many people are keeping different sized beardies together thinking nothing will happen with the right disclaimer i think people could learn alot from the video

dnrtn2342

I really have to agree with laprice, the beardies are healthy looking no missing toes or tails. Bloodbank is popular because the produce outstanding reptiles. One video may put some people off but its not going to make a difference in reputation as a great breeder. As soon as I get back from deployment I will be in contact with Steve to purchase one of his dragons, possibly two, so I can breed excellent quality, healthy beardies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
This thread is being monitored, so far, no problems with what has been posted.

LaPrice

Hatchling Member
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Honestly i thought I'd get chewed out for siding like i have on this topic, little surprised some of you share a similar take about what the video was demonstrating. Thanks? :? Feels weird to have people agree with me on any subject :|

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Laprice, maybe because everyone wants to be offered a half priced dragon with free shipping!! LOL :mrgreen:

LaPrice

Hatchling Member
Possibly :p , but before i like die of excitement i'd like to find out if Blood Bank was serious. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom