Blood test results assistance

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is definitely progressing well, I am so happy for him! How is his appetite?
Is he active & basking as he needs to be?
I don't blame you at all, for not wanting to put him back on antibiotics again either. They are
so hard on their systems!
The mouth doesn't look too bad. It is really healing up. I'm sure that it feels so much better
than before his surgery. Thanks for keeping us updated on his progress.

Tracie

Spider8ait1994

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He’s definitely moving around all levels of his enclosure and basking well. He’s continuing to eat alright without any difficulties in chewing or swallowing so lately he’s been having some raw mini snacking carrots that I use a peeler to shave thin slices off so he’s not having to chew through any big pieces just yet.
I’ve also just ordered him in some BSLF which should arrive next week and I’m considering trying him with some leafy greens possibly tomorrow to see how he does with those.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They can definitely get picky with their eating! I'm glad to hear he isn't having any trouble with his
chewing & swallowing, bless him! He has had enough problem with that in the past. You might find
that keeping things smaller in size will be good for him, just to stave off any possibility of having any
trouble.
I hope he likes the BSFL, most of them tend to. Which greens are you going to try for him?

Tracie

Spider8ait1994

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello,

They can definitely get picky with their eating! I'm glad to hear he isn't having any trouble with his
chewing & swallowing, bless him! He has had enough problem with that in the past. You might find
that keeping things smaller in size will be good for him, just to stave off any possibility of having any
trouble.
I hope he likes the BSFL, most of them tend to. Which greens are you going to try for him?

Tracie
I still have some Tuscan Kale and Collard Greens growing for him to have and I plan to start some mustard greens and/or alfalfa sprouts since they’re quick to grow and I know he likes those.
He’s had BSFL before and loves them which is good because I plan on moving to those being his primary insect protein source since they’re well balanced nutritionally, softer than mealworms and less mobile than crickets or dubias which should help keep it easier for him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's a nice variety of greens for him! At least he seems to enjoy them, too. It's always hard to
try new foods for them if you aren't certain they will like it. A lot of them really like the phoenix
worms & they are very healthy for them as well as easy to keep which is convenient.
I hope he continues to do well! Keep us updated on him.

Tracie

Spider8ait1994

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello,

That's a nice variety of greens for him! At least he seems to enjoy them, too. It's always hard to
try new foods for them if you aren't certain they will like it. A lot of them really like the phoenix
worms & they are very healthy for them as well as easy to keep which is convenient.
I hope he continues to do well! Keep us updated on him.

Tracie
When I heard about phoenix worms a while back I did look into them but unfortunately they’re not available here in Australia as they’re considered an invasive pest and as such are illegal to have, cultivate or sell hence why I opt for the BSLF because while they are smaller at the very least they’re decently balanced nutrition wise and easy to obtain here.
While on the topic of food do you have any experience with giving prickly pear pads? I’d assume you’d remove the spikes/spines and cut it into managable pieces but would you also remove the outer layer/skin too? Figured I’d ask as I picked up a plant earlier in the year to keep in a pot and grow as another food source and it’s just recently started to grow a new pad.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
When I heard about phoenix worms a while back I did look into them but unfortunately they’re not available here in Australia as they’re considered an invasive pest and as such are illegal to have, cultivate or sell hence why I opt for the BSLF because while they are smaller at the very least they’re decently balanced nutrition wise and easy to obtain here.
While on the topic of food do you have any experience with giving prickly pear pads? I’d assume you’d remove the spikes/spines and cut it into managable pieces but would you also remove the outer layer/skin too? Figured I’d ask as I picked up a plant earlier in the year to keep in a pot and grow as another food source and it’s just recently started to grow a new pad.
I have fed prickly pear pads -- I get them off Amazon from Arizona -- the prickly part is really not there I have not had a issue if they are on the pad cut them off -- I cut mine in strips them smaller bite size pieces -- I do not remove the outer layer / skin

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom