Blood in urate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
So I was bathing Neptune, she drank a bit of water and then went to the bathroom. However rather than being normal it looks a bit weird. Especially the urate, it seems to have a bit of a red color mixed in with the white.
Yesterday she went to the bathroom, looked completely normal.
She had a bit of watermelon juice yesterday (she only wanted the liquid portion, didnt even try eating the actual fruit), so maybe that could be the reason for the odd coloring. However my other female had some watermelon yesterday as well and her urate looks completely normal.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It was a bit more red than the pictures show, but not bright red.

Tank setup -
Paper towels and slate for substrate.
75 gallon.
Basking spot is about 105-108.
Warm side temps 93-95.
Cool side 75-80.
Night time temps stay at about 78.
She has a 75 watt halogen PAR30 bulb for basking.
And then for UVB lighting she has a 46" Arcadia T5 HO 14% bulb thats mounted on top of the screen. Its about 4 weeks old.

She's also 13 months old, 18 inches long and last time I weighed her she was 375 grams. Although I doubt thats needed info.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great setup, everything sounds correct so that definitely isn't any issue there.
The odd coloration doesn't look too out of the ordinary really. It is most likely due to the
watermelon liquid she drank. I imagine the urates will probably go back to normal soon.
All dragons have off colored urates from time to time, either from supplementation or just
from foods/fluids ingested.
Is she acting normal otherwise?

Tracie

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She's acting completely normal, basking, eating, running around ect. Just wanted to make sure that everything was okay and nothing was wrong.
She has yet to go the bathroom again but when she does hopefully the urates will be completely normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom