BLOOD IN STOOL/URATE NO PARASITES

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry to hear that she's still producing blood. :( At least it's just very small amounts. There's a poster here with a beardie that passed huge amounts both from her vent and once from vomiting. It's still a mystery but the dragon is still acting normally + looks good.

But that's great that she ate 2 syringes full of baby food....that will provide nutrition as well as hydration.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great she did eat some food for you, it is very encouraging! At least she still has an appetite. Are her colors still good also?
Let us know how the vet visit goes when you get her there. Definitely try not to think of the worst case, it will only cause more stress for you & for her.
I hope she is feeling better soon!
You could place the Reptisun 10 tube bulb on top of the screen, but it will block out a good amount of the UVB exposure though. You can use the 3M command hooks to mount the tube bulb in a fixture, underneath of the screen.
I have never used a National geographic UVB strip for testing before. What did it say?

Tracie

Loooooma

Original Poster
Hi guys, back from the vets this morning. Last night, he had me lay out wax paper because he said he was having a hard time judging the source of the blood (stool or urate) and he wanted to be able to see the movement in it's entirety without the liquids drying up before he could see it. She had a movement 5 minutes before we left for the vet fortunately, so I was able to take in a fresh sample. But unfortunately for the vet, she did not have any blood in this movement so he could not tell about the blood source. He did however say that he found protozoans. He said that he is uncertain if this is the primary infection, or a secondary infection caused by a compromised immune system . I have to go back to the vet today at 4:30 to pick up her medications. He said he is putting her on two antibiotics and one other medication but I can't remember if it was an anti fungal or something else (I'll let you know when I pick it up!) He said this should clear out the protozoans, and any other infection she may have other than the atadenovirus and Cryptosporidium . Based on her recovery or lack there of we can move from there. I am praying that it is just some protozoans that were not noticed before because of poor fecal samples. I will update later with the names of the medication she will be on and will update you with her progress!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, protozoans can most definitely cause a major GI upset & infection depending on the type found. If she has had them for awhile, they have built up in number which can cause damage to the GI tract & lining to produce blood from irritation. Is he supposed to get back with you on what was found?
Which antibiotics did he prescribe? Be sure to give her probiotics while she is on meds & keep her well hydrated, too.
At least she didn't have any blood with her last stool though. How is she doing today?

Tracie

Loooooma

Original Poster
He did not tell me what type of protozoans. He told me that with the watery sample he tested today he was able to see the protozoans, and that before he was unable. He prescribed her only two prescriptions as it turned out. She took one .2 ml dose of Panacur tonight, and starting tomorrow she has to have .4 ml of Metronidazole every 48 hours for 10 days. I was laid off in February, and my vet knows this. He has been a Saint as far as getting me in even though I wouldn't be able to pay until the next week, and has given me three free visits now. I just pray that we have the right thing going now so my girl can get better.

She had one other movement today which was only a small bit of mucous with some blood specs. I have fed her 3 syringes of her slurry's and I am giving her one last one before bedtime.

Fingers crossed that we are on the right path!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great, I am glad he is working with you so well on treatment. A vet who helps out is hard to find. It sounds like you are on the right track now. Maybe he did a different type of fecal test than before, too. There is the fecal smear & a fecal float, each of which can show/yield different results of viewing.
How is she doing tonight?
Keep us posted on her. The Panacur & Metronidazole will be fine, she shouldn't have any issues with it. The doses look ok, too, if he dosed according to her weight.
I hope she is feeling better soon! :D

Tracie

Loooooma

Original Poster
*Lady Lyle update!

The medicine is working! She takes her final dose today and she is doing so well! Her appetite came back 2 days into treatment, and I have seen no blood in her stool! Thank you all for your support :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is terrific Lady Lyle is doing so much better & that her appetite has improved so much with the medication also. :D I am so happy for her, she must be feeling so much better!
No blood in the stool is wonderful!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angiemeyer8561
Top Bottom