Blood in poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozen

Hi, I just got my beardie and boy its been a bumpy start!

After trying to find the right stuff for him (and failing with the light) We've been trying to find a good MVB everywhere and yet to no avail. After feeding him some crickets he pooped like he normally does but this time the poop didn't look like it should!

DSC00940.jpg

Here is his poop! As you can see there is a little blood in it! Also there was a red stain on his basking log could this be blood from his urine?

Heres a picture of him too!

DSC00939.jpg

Ethan118

Hmmm...

Well, not to be disgusting, but the reddish stain could (from what I can see) be his bowel fluids just absorbing into and discoloring the log. But, if you are absolutely sure that it is blood, because, of course, I didn't see it in person, it's probably in your best interest to see a herp ASAP.

Maybe post it in Beardie ER, or PM one of the administrators. They can give you a more direct answer. For now, I can't really tell by the picture alone.

Does he normally do his business on the log? If not, it could just be the way you percieve the colors.

Hope this helps,
Ethan

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Moved by Moderator from Health to ER

Hello,

What type of substrate are you using? Sand, tiles, paper towels?
If there really is blood, he may have a high load of coccidia or hookworms. I would recommend getting a fecal.
He is a cutie pie. :D

How large of crickets did you feed?

Tracie

Rozen

Original Poster
I'm using reptile carpet and i've been feeding him pretty small crickets.

How much does a fecal sample test cost?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, you will have to pay an office visit which usually runs around $40-60 then a fecal is normally around $20 or so.
Good you are using reptile carpet.
I am sorry I forgot to direct you towards good quality MVB's. :oops:
The very best one is the Megaray which you can get here:
http://www.reptileuv.com
The second best is the T-rex Active UV heat which you can get here:
http://www.reptilesupply.com/product.php?products_id=435

****The Megaray is a better light & it is cheaper.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom