Blood in baby dragon's poop?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am taking care of my boyfriend's beardie right now and she has been doing fine except for the normal stress marks from tank relocation. They are starting to go away as she is getting used to my room. She has been eating normally. 6 crickets a day. I haven't seen her eat any veggies though.. I've also fed her a couple wax worms. This morning I realized I fed the last of my crickets to my leopard gecko so I gave Paegan (the beardie) about 5 wax worms because my parents weren't home. and I know how low in nutrition they are and I should have waited for her to eat some veggies instead but I didn't think about it. Well she had already pooped for the day but just right now I found another poop on her log that was a faded white and had blood! I am freaking out since I think something is wrong! Maybe a parasite?! My boyfriend will be devestated! Please help! Here is a picture!
51t4e1.jpg
I'm sorry for the low quality. Other than this she has been fine and is fine right now.

JulieGeek

Hatchling Member
First, don't panic. Nothing that you have described doing sounds like anything that would be harmful for your boyfriend's dragon. It sounds like she's eating normally. Wax worms aren't the most nutritious food out there, but it's not like you're giving her chocolate cake for breakfast.

That said, beardie poo can vary drastically in appearance, based on what she ate, how much water she's had, her mood, and the phase of the moon, as far as I can tell. Can you give us some more information?

How old is she?
How big is she?
How long has she been staying with you?
Does she usually eat fruit and vegetables?
Any idea when her last bowel movement was?

For now, I would recommend carrying on as you have been and seeing how her poo looks next time. Keep us updated.

Loiosh & Princess' Mom

Tonja

BD.org Addict
It doesn't look like blood to me. What it could be is a change to waxworms or could be something in her veggies that made it that color. I would watch her over the next couple of days but I really don't think its any thing to worry about.

PaeganFuc3ingRules

Original Poster
Ok she is about a month and a half old and has been staying with me for 3 days now. She is also about 9 inches long from head to the tip of her tail. Her stress marks have disappeared for the most part when I handle her now so I believe she's used to me. It doesn't seem that she has been eating her veggies or drinking water but I'm not constantly watching her to make sure. I found a regular looking bowel movement this morning and by that I mean it appeared brown and white as most of my geckos poops seem to be. The strange looking poop seemed to have occurred later in the day.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Its normal for babies not to eat veggies. Just keep offering every day. Also she should be eating more. She needs to be fed 2x a day let her eat as much as she wants for 10 to 15 mins. So like about 50 crickets a day average. Also are you bathing her? Babies get hydrated fast. So she needs a bath every day for 10 to 15 mins.

JulieGeek

Hatchling Member
I would say yes. Keep a close eye over the next couple of days--as you have been--it may have been a false alarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom