Blood following poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alupe

She's around 2 years old. The last two times my dragon has pooped, a very small, very bright amount of blood has followed. She'll poop fine and a few seconds late a drop or two of blood will follow. None of the urate or poop has blood on it though and it's definitely not the food she is eating.

Her behaviour hasn't changed. She is eating less but she always does in the winter months. Her urate does appear a little yellow though and I read this is a sign of too much calcium (and therefore harder urate?).

Is this any cause for concern or is she just straining too much? because i'm freaking out :silent:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, has it happened more than once ? If it happens again get a picture, always get pics of anything out of the ordinary.. It could be that the hard urate caused a wee scrape and drop of blood so it may not be a problem but extra hydration can be offered to help soften things. You can use a bit of squash or canned pumpkin as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom