Bloated Stomach! W/ Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
I'm new to this forum so bear with me. I've had my male bearded dragon (Reptar) for about two months now with no problems at all; i got him from the local petsmart. Recently I was scared that he was impacted mainly because I did not notice any droppings in his cage for about a week after I cleaned it. Today though I fed him pieces of apples, and massaged his tummy. I came home later on to find a nice suprise in his tank :). I'm glad he finally went, but when I got home not to long ago, I noticed his belly was really poofy. So i picked him up and felt it, it feels like there is a lot of air in his belly. I set him back down and he opened his mouth but quickly shut it. I don't know if this is something to worry about or not? Any help would be much appreciated :).
Cage Specs are as follows,
100W Basking Light. Heats at about 110F ( I guess i had it to close for him before cause this started when i moved the light closer, i have moved it back to its original position).
Cool side of tank is about 80-85 degrees.
Diet composes of: Crickets (mostly) and sometimes i give him Hibiscus flowers.

*edit: He also has not shed the back part of his head as you can tell in some of the pics. I am worried about this too because it has been a good 2-3 weeks since his shed.

Thanks,
Chris.

Here are the pics!
IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0206.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

my1stBD

Juvie Member
The puffed up stomach (Or body area) is fairly normal behaviour
My dragon often inflates herself that she resembles a baloon at times, they mostly do this to stretch the skin for an oncoming shed, or to increase their body size to absorb more heat and they can either inflate or flatten themselves to give the appearance that they are bigger when feeling threatened

If this isnt a full time thing as in every day the whole day it isnt something to worry about

reptarr321

Original Poster
Thank you for the reply :)

This morning he was still a little puffy, I stepped out to run some errands and came back to find that he wasn't as poofy anymore and he had relieved himself again. Im glad it wasn't anything serious, thank you for the help! :D

Much appreciated,
Chris.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They can also balloon themselves up after or during a bath. It is very cute but they will deflate afterwards.
You have a cute beardy!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom