Bleeding Underneath Scales By Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I was going to come on tonight to say that my bearded dragon, Fireball is finally adjusting only to find blood on the scales by his mouth tonight. I tried to take a picture which I will post but its hard to see on the picture. I drew an arrow pointing to where the blood is. It seems to be coming from the larger scale at the front of his mouth (you can see it in the picture). Does anyone know what this could be and/or what I should do to make sure he is okay?

Thanks,

Jennifer
DSC02093-1.jpg

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Are you absolutely sure its blood?It may be the pic but I think I see a few more spots by the beard area.Are you sure they are not mites?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Basically they look like little red dots under the scales.I could be wrong because the pic isnt clear I just wanted to rule that out first.

momtothreeboys

Original Poster
I wish I had a better camera but it looks like blood to me. I don't see anything moving and his beard is orange. So you may be seeing the orange coming through the black. Its hard to say though. It really looks like blood to me though, but I have never seen mites so I could be wrong. Ugh. I don't know what to do. I could take him to the vet but...double ugh....Should I just wait and see what he looks like tomorrow? If it is mites will they spread? I am assuming they will and maybe I don't want to wait that long.

Thanks for your help,

Jennifer

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
If it were mites you would have seen them under other areas and possibly even moving so lets just assume its blood.He may just have pulled the scale or a piece of shed off and injured the area underneath so for now I would clean the area with wwitch hazel,put a little diluted betadine on it then a little neosporin on it.That will keep it from getting infected and will help heal the area.Do this daily until you begin to see it improve.If you start to see it get worse then it may be cause for concern but right now I think its probably nothing to freak about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom