Bleeding from eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

horsegal0291

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site as it was just recommended to me from a fellow beardie lover. I am experiencing some difficulties from a new baby of mine. I will begin by saying he is two months old. He is in shed right now and I believe he scratched his eye while trying to rub off some skin. He then puffs his eyes out, and when he does that, blood squirts from his right eye. What should I do? I've taken him to the vet and they prescribed some antibiotic eye drops. He stopped eating this morning but I'm uncertain whether its because hes shedding or because of his eye. HELP.

kbro

Hatchling Member
I'm glad to see you came here. You should post the pictures you have and the advice you have already received from the vet as well. If you go to the board index, website comments there is a sticky explaining how to load pictures using photobucket.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh poor thing. Does very much blood squirt out & does it stop bleeding quickly?
Which antibiotic eye drops do you have for him?

He should be ok, but it may take a little while for the scratch to heal up with him shedding. Some pictures would be helpful, if you can get some up for us. Is he eating anything at all?
The antibiotic drops may have curbed his appetite along with shedding, too. You could use some probiotics to help with his appetite, also.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom