blasted coccidia and pin worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldhearted

Hatchling Member
this comes about 5 days before im due to leave for an out of state trip
The vet says its at a 4+ count (im sure they will explain in further detail)
Im starting the cleaning process today
I already cleaned out the cricket bins with antibacterial soap
I was hoping that it wouldnt be....but it is

The good news is that their appetites are good, they dont seem to be too out of sorts....
I am replacing their indoor furniture though...its a very porous rock....and its half impossible to clean
I imagine while they are babysat they are going to have relocation stress....

i just hope my best friend is good about the medicine and the cleaning....im going to owe him so big :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

coldhearted

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
sooo the first round of medicine went pretty well... getting the syringe in their mouths was a small hassle...
I was really worried that the next morning they wouldnt feel good, but they had baths and they are eating well....

It looks like they dont like the new substrate of paper towels... and i put an opaque barrier on the plexi glass divider
to which the crickets now climb nimbly.... :roll:

I read somewhere that soy yogurt is something to help them cope with the antibiotics

so i have two beardies being treated for coccidia and pinworms
they are taking a .2 ml dose of albone once a day for 7 days
and a .1ml dose of panacur once a day for 5

so if all goes right i will have finished the panacur before i leave to South Carolina...

does anyone know a trick to keep the stupid paper towels to lay flat?

coldhearted

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i hate giving medication to bearded dragons!!! :(
i wonder if they have lost their trust in me because im always making them take the syringe in the mouth

tomorrow is the last round of panacur
and tuesday will be the last round of Albon

may this parasite problem not come back when they are finally done!!!!!
so my plan of action today is to treat them to some baths to try and hydrate them,give them some big salads to try and hydrate them, and give them some baby food
to try an appease my masters for my insolence.

coldhearted

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:
last dose of panacur today :)
now its just two days left of albon and they are free to roam about without me trying to put syringes in their mouths

They are still active and eating, grumpy but not weak. Shiva might have lost a little weight or she just isnt puffing as much as usual

*****I THOUGHT ID NEVER SEE THE DAY!!!! she is drinking from her water dish OMG YAY
i was so worried she would be super dehydrated ****

tuesday night i leave to my mother in laws and wed morning im on a flight to S.C to see my darling husband <3

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Darned shame you are so far away, otherwise I would say bring em by my house in Savannah, and I'll keep the dosing, bathing and all up to snuff. Glad to hear that they are still doing well, but do try to get the soy yogurt into them daily. .01 ml daily is enough. This can even be put on the salad as a topper ;)
Janie.

coldhearted

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
last dose of albon today.
Shiva was pretty fiesty trying to get away.

then i gave her a bath and she loved it
earlier today she pooped, its still not the regular shape and its still soft
baby didnt like her bath but she did poop (it looks solid, her urates dont look bad either)

so they are now on the road to recovery for sure

i did find soy yogurt but its flavored....do you think that will be a huge problem????????

coldhearted

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So im back in California, the babies are back with me thank God!
My friend took care of them they are still alive, he stopped trying to give them the yogurt because it was too hard (very annoying)

the good news is that Baby looks great she shed, she is fat and white bellied
bad news Shiva is all stress marks, thin, and not happy hopefully i can turn her around

Roxy is getting fatter too which makes me happy.

so today I looked into one of the bins for the crickets its soooooo nasty, he never changed the cricket food so it started to rot...
i have to buy new ones today and clean out the disgusting bin, thats more money sigh.....
My friend did help me on a last minute notice but I wonder if he really did all that I asked, hopefully the parasites wont come back and this will all blow over

oh and bad new for me I have tonsilitis :silent: totally sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom