Blankies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noelopan

Hello, I'm new to the forum. My name is Amber and I just got a baby beardie about a month and a half ago. I'm not sure exactly how old he is, but he was 5 1/2" on 5 Nov and he's almost 8" now. Anyway, I've been coming to this forum since I got him to find advice and tips on how to care for him (really glad this site exists!). Well, right now I have him in a 20 gallon long tank (have a 65 gallon one picked out for when he grows up) and I line the bottom with non-adhesive shelf liner. I take him out of the tank every night to interact with him. He enjoys running around, but when he starts to tire out, he tries to burrow into my husband's shirt. A couple nights ago, I figured he might want something in his cage that he can dig in, so I made him a little sand box with calci-sand that I moistened and packed down. He walked around in it for a bit, but when he got tired, he went to the other side of the cage (away from his basking platform), and snuggled up under the shelf liner. I figured "what the heck," picked him up, put the shelf liner back how it was, put a clean washrag in there, then put him back. He immediately tucked himself in. He seems to like having a blanket. I used to have a little hide on the cool side, but he literally NEVER went in it.

Anyone else give their beardies a blankie?

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
lots of people here do. some even give them a stuffed animal to sleep on. some seem to enjoy having something soft to sleep on.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
I started giving mine a blanket this winter. She doesn't like being wrapped in it but likes it being put over her. She sometimes turns around to get more comfortable and manages to stay covered by her blanket. I always get the stink eye from her when i take the blanket away in the morning :shock:

Noelopan

Original Poster
My husband doesn't understand the stink eye. I took Garfield's blanket away to feed him this morning because I didn't want the crickets to hide in it. I could swear he was giving me a nasty look, but my husband thinks his face looks the same no matter what.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Mine wont go to sleep if there not tucked in,
Photo0631.jpg

I burito them in every night, keeps them warmer ! :mrgreen:

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Noelopan":3geih651 said:
My husband doesn't understand the stink eye. I took Garfield's blanket away to feed him this morning because I didn't want the crickets to hide in it. I could swear he was giving me a nasty look, but my husband thinks his face looks the same no matter what.

Us women must be more in tune with their personalities/emotions lol. they definately do give nasty looks, ive been on the receiving end of many :? ! :D

I was actually going to post about this! Ours LOVES the blankets on our bed. We take him out but he's still a little too small to have free roam of the room so we have relented to letting him explore the bed and once he discovered he could burrow into the folds of the blanket, that was it. Now anytime we have him on our shoulder and get near the bed he does everything he can to get on it! And the runs directly for the blanket! He'd sleep there all night if we would let him I think lol. So I was actually wondering if it would be safe to add a blanket or handkerchief? I have an old handkerchief that I'm keeping in bed with us to get both our scents on and my plan was to stick it in his cage instead of a shirt. Now i figure it will have more than one use!

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
I'm sure everyone has heard of the ZhuZhu pet craze.. well they also have accessories including little Blankies! I got Scarlett two of them and she loves them.. they are the perfect size for her now.. And i figured once she gets bigger I will just sew them together!

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
LovetheBeardie":elwpmudh said:
I'm sure everyone has heard of the ZhuZhu pet craze.. well they also have accessories including little Blankies! I got Scarlett two of them and she loves them.. they are the perfect size for her now.. And i figured once she gets bigger I will just sew them together!

Oooh ive just googled it. Thanks for that, gonna get terri a nice pink one! :D

wckdbtch

Hatchling Member
I also first thought it is probably not "normal" to give them a blanket. For the first few months we had Angie, she refused to be wrapped. Then she started getting used to her little towel after her bath and more or less tolerated it. When we got Flippie, he loved the burrito after his bath, so we decided to buy a towel pack for each one. Flippie heads straight for his washcloth/bed when it is bedtime, but is not so keen on being covered up. He is content to just lie on it. When we first put the washcloth in Angie's viv, she was a bit wary of it, but soon started sleeping on it. Now, she will occasionally glass dance, climb on everything in her viv and make a big scene until you actually cover her with her blankie.

About the soft toys, we got both of them a little teddy bear and Flippie adores his. Sleeping on it, climbing on it, pushing it around in the viv and keeping a very beady eye on it when we take either him or the teddy out. Angie on the other hand, is not as much bothered. She doesn't mind it being in the viv, as long as it is not on her bed :lol:

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
wckdbtch":3eeupui7 said:
I also first thought it is probably not "normal" to give them a blanket. For the first few months we had Angie, she refused to be wrapped. Then she started getting used to her little towel after her bath and more or less tolerated it. When we got Flippie, he loved the burrito after his bath, so we decided to buy a towel pack for each one. Flippie heads straight for his washcloth/bed when it is bedtime, but is not so keen on being covered up. He is content to just lie on it. When we first put the washcloth in Angie's viv, she was a bit wary of it, but soon started sleeping on it. Now, she will occasionally glass dance, climb on everything in her viv and make a big scene until you actually cover her with her blankie.

About the soft toys, we got both of them a little teddy bear and Flippie adores his. Sleeping on it, climbing on it, pushing it around in the viv and keeping a very beady eye on it when we take either him or the teddy out. Angie on the other hand, is not as much bothered. She doesn't mind it being in the viv, as long as it is not on her bed :lol:

.......and some people say 'they're just reptiles' lol- I love the fact that we baby them and how cute they are! :D

wckdbtch

Hatchling Member
.......and some people say 'they're just reptiles' lol
I used to be one of those "some people" you are referring to. I never knew they could have such awesome personalities until we got Angie. When I realized that she is quite a character, I thought maybe they are all like that... Until we got Flippie: the two have completely different likes and dislikes!

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
wckdbtch":13jsvpb9 said:
.......and some people say 'they're just reptiles' lol
I used to be one of those "some people" you are referring to. I never knew they could have such awesome personalities until we got Angie. When I realized that she is quite a character, I thought maybe they are all like that... Until we got Flippie: the two have completely different likes and dislikes!

Yeah i suppose i used to be one of those people too lol. whenever i tell people what my baby is like they are always surprised :D

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
I didn't really know if Scarlett would use hers or not but I put it in the viv thinking she might lay on it.. Well i get home and I can't find her anywhere and I was about to freak out.. I knew she didn't get out of the viv.. and then I looked where the blanket was and all I could see was her tail..lol she had wiggled her way under it.. so cute!

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
LovetheBeardie":3b2xsyqk said:
I didn't really know if Scarlett would use hers or not but I put it in the viv thinking she might lay on it.. Well i get home and I can't find her anywhere and I was about to freak out.. I knew she didn't get out of the viv.. and then I looked where the blanket was and all I could see was her tail..lol she had wiggled her way under it.. so cute!

awwwwwwwwwww so cute!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom