Blankets. Are they Ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julie77

Hatchling Member
So with our furnace OUT... We have a couple space heaters going. And I have a Humidifier going right by the tanks AND a barometer in my living room as well to let me know how the humidity is. Currently it is at 11 percent.. VERY dry in here.. bleck! anywho.. With it getting colder outside (supposed to be -1 tonite) it is getting to be about 60 in here.. A tad colder at times.. This morning it was 56 in here! TRUST me I am all over my husband to get it fixed Sooner than Later..

Anyway. I want to make sure that Sonic and Shadow Are toasty warm. They have their CHE's going but I also took a washcloth and covered each of them once they went to sleep. Is that going to be ok? I didn't wrap them up or anything, just laid it on top of them. Shadow got a blue one and Sonic got a Pink one.. Too Cute... It is reading about 68 in their tanks right now.... They won't get over heated will they? (now THAT is a dumb question) LOL..

peera

Sub-Adult Member
They should be fine. :) Lots of our members wrap up their dragons before bed. I don't know if it actually does any good since they don't generate any of their own heat, but it certainly won't hurt them any. :)

Julie77

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So we have discovered that we have some VERY spoiled little dragons.. NEITHER of them have come out of their blankets yet.. They are both awake.. Just chillin' under the blankies.. Sonic is actually watching TV while snuggled up under hers. Shadow is in a corner all warm and toasty and NOT moving an inch..

What have we done? :lol:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I use a blankie for all of my 9 beardies everybody gets tucked in at night. In my case being I live in sunny warm California it's not so much for keeping them warm, but it calms them and gives them a sense of security. Let me elaborate.........

For an example when Zak-n-Wheezie become stressed over the presents of each other if I place their blankie over their heads they will calm down.(Black beard goes away immediately) I have used this technique with my females while going for a ride as well.(I call it time out! :lol: ) Females seem to me to stress more about the things from above. But if they start to panic about the stuff from above I place their blankies over them and they instantly calm down. (kind of like covering a bird)

Plus by wrapping them in their blankies at night covering their eyes helps to block out the TV or other light that might disturb them.

Blondie098 makes some very awesome beardie beds/heat pads, and blankies she is listed in the Forsale forums. Zak-n-Wheezie have a couple of her custom made blankies and they looove them. Z&W of course are not your typical beardies but blankies have been a great tool in calming them down as not to stress out on each other being 2 males stuck together.

Don't they look cozy?
100_7283.jpg

100_7288.jpg

100_6978.jpg

An yes...I know...my beardies are spoiled. :lol:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Julie77,

Did your hubby get your furnace fixed ?
Did you wrap your babies up for the cold night ?
I'm so glad I live in Florida( it's 74 degrees here today) :D

Barbara,

Your boys(Z&W) are just too cute !! I had been wondering if they were named after the DragonTales Z&W. It's been a while since mine watched that show. Was convinced after seeing the blankie.
Dawn(blondie098) is making a blankie for my Rex and I am very excited about getting it. Of course, I have not told Rex about it. It's a surprise...LOL :lol:

Dawn

Julie77

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We are getting heat TODAY! Yeah!!! JUST after I get their enclosures to the temps they need to be, of course when it is only 65 in the house! LOL.. Now to see if I need to make any adjustments once the heat is ON.

I have been covering them up each night. Even though their tanks are hovering at 70 at night. Lucky little guys.... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom