blackened tail, wont eat and sleeps alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

helz3rr

Hello, i am new to this site and was.wandering if this is a problem. I have a 9 month old bearded dragon named drako. Half of his tail is black and it happened over night. He also will not eat hos greens or crickets and just wants to sleep. I have a reptisun 10.0 uvb and a 100 watt basking bulb in a 40 gallon terrarium. Im on my phone so.i cant post pictures i dont think but any help.is appreciated. If no reply will be going.to.vet first thing in the morning.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Hello and welcome. He could have parasites..how is his poop, smelly,,,,real smelly, runny??

helz3rr

Original Poster
Yes for the past week his feces has smelled extremely potent. As soon as he drops it you can smell it throught the house. Its been inconsistant one days its runny the next it looks like gravel. And you can see parts of crickets that were not properly digested. Also the white that is usually in his poop has not been present.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Yep, you need to get a fecal test to find out which parasites he has and get him treated.

helz3rr

Original Poster
Alright thanks alot everyone for helping. My girlfriend is really upset and worried about him and there is no vet open around. But what is wrong with his tail? Half of it is really darkened.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Usually if the tail is black it is a sign of discomfort or illness. Pictures would be helpful. The last half of my boys tail is always darker than the rest of his tail...but its just his coloring...but given the stinking poo...more than likely it is due to parasites. Thats my guess anyway.

helz3rr

Original Poster
I would be more than happy to post a picture i just dont know how, i am currently on my phone.

helz3rr

Original Poster
Ok i think i figured it out. Haha
343gs2g.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom