Black tongue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyDragon89

Hi,
My beardy's tip of his tongue is black, the other one we have is all pink and i've never seen another with a black tongue tip before.
It was like this since i got him, he doesn't seem to be phased by it at all, i was wondering whether i should be worried about it?
Thanks in advance
Amy

AmyDragon89

Original Poster
Nope none at all. It's only the very tip too. When we went to the vet he looked in his mouth and he didn't say anything about it. He still eats too, as i said it was like it since i first noticed the day or so after we got him.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello Amy,

I believe what you are seeing is normal. Alot of beardies have some sort of coloring on the tips of their tongues. Mine actually has a little gray dot on the tip of her tongue. I think it's some kind of pigmentation. As long as it's just the tip I wouldn't worry. If it would make you feel any better you could post a pic of your bd's tongue and I'm sure someone can tell you if it's normal coloring or not.

Dawn :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom