black throat/beard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducky617

i just got home from my girlfriends and saw that his throat is very black

i glanced at the other posts and saw that they said thiers was not moving or eating when this happend but mine is still moving and eating.

this is also the first time he has pooped in a few days and it looks hard...

im am a bit scared

ducky617

Original Poster
sorry about the multi post (stupid internet)

i got him on thanksgiving he as only about a month old... sooo like 7 months.

i also found another poop behind his rock, but is still been doing that less than normal.

ducky617

Original Poster
news flash.
the black is a lot less dark now that he has moved to the other side of the cage chasing a cricket, which he devoured.
im also cleaning out the cage right now and plan on giving him a bath right after.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Okay did the slow down in pooping come on gradually?
Is it a dark beard or is it a jet black beard?
At 7 months it could possibly be that your beardie is showing some signs of puberty.

Fallencomrade2008

Juvie Member
My male gets a black beard when ever he's agitated, see's the females or some time when he wants to battle with the cat. I never let him because honestly i think he will kill her because the cat is....a little slow in the head lol.

ducky617

Original Poster
OMG MY BEARDIE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO STUPID

he just ate one of his poops as i was taking it out of the cage!!!!
im so frustrated right now............

what do i do!?!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
ducky617":27620 said:
it was super black and now its almost completley gone
Your little boy is growing up. He is learning to show his manly-hood.
I'd say puberty! :wink: Is he head bobbing at all?

Fallencomrade2008

Juvie Member
Yea i would say that he's just fine and he's just gettin a little hormonal lol. as for the poo....he will relize that tastes like...you know. I do want to suggest that you try to feed him other things than just crix. crix are nasty little creatures and i personally hate them.

ducky617

Original Poster
hahah. just like his daddy, eating his poo off the floor through those fragile years of puberty.

i dont see any head bobbing, but i will look for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom