Black spot on my bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my bearded dragon for about 7 months
And about 2 days ago I noticed when I gave her a bath she has a black spot on her back that's bulging a little bit when I went to touch it she flinched I've read online that she could have fungus under her skin I just wanted to make sure she's alright what I can do I'm not certain I've bought some triple antibiotic cream that has bacitracin zinc, neomycin sulfate, and polymyxin B sulfate the other cream I've got is athlete's foot (clotrimazole cream) with just clotrimazole 1% I'm not sure what I should do a bet would be the best option but I don't think I can pay for it

I posted this on beardeddragonforums and was recommended on posting here the person said there was a vet that's on at night

Any suggestions/opinions/remedies would be nice I'll link a photo

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That doesn't look like yellow fungus to me but does look a bit off. The skin seems thicker there. It's possibly an area getting ready to shed so be looking out for signs of that. It may also be a burn. Has she gotten close to her lights or heat sources that might cause a burn? Look for signs of it spreading or looking worse (scabby or damaged, wounded looking skin for example).

Spoonlicker

Original Poster
I don't know what it could be, I'll be checking up on her but at the moment it just looks relatively better just a little moist not sure if that's from the antibiotic I put on or different but here is her terrarium I'd say the red light is about 5, 1/2 inches away

107254-1451372137.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please ditch the red light ---- it disrupts their sleep and can cause long term eye damage--- what are you using it for night time heat? If so get a CHE - they are heat only NO LIGHT- you can order the bulb on line from Amazon they come in 75-150 watt bulbs- you will need a dome w/ the correct wattage - I have 2 of them I use in my 120 gallon tank and I use 100 watt - so go from there - if your tank is 65 or better at nite you dont need it ---w / seeing the red light what are you using for a UVB? coil or tube? Brand and bulb please
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your dragon will not live w/ out a UVB ---- they need it to help absorb calcium- if you cannot get one I would suggest you rehome her ASAP- she is just going to get sicker and sicker w/ out it -- the only way would be is to take her outside every day for 15 minutes direct sunlight --- and that would be everyday
there is a website that has a fixture 24" for $32 and the bulb for $20 plus shipping so around $60 -- here is the website www.pangeareptiles.com -- look under fixtures for the 24" and then under T 5 bulbs get the Repstiun 10.0 T 5
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom