Black spot on bearded dragons chin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caine

Hey! Posted once before, but here we go again!

He is housed in a 40 gallon wooden vivarium with kitchen roll as a substrate, he has a log, several hides on both the hot and cold end, as well as multiple small plant-mimicking furnitures which allow him to climb should he want. He has an arcadia 10% UVB tube bulb overhead, and a 100w basking bulb, neither of these are listed as dangerous from my lurking on the forum. The basking spot is around 40*C, while the cooling spot fluctuates from 28*C to 30*C.

He is fed mainly on medium hoppers, though I make sure from head to thorax they do not exceed his eyespan, I dust them with calcium as well as gut-load them with calcium-dusted greens.

I recently discovered he has a black spot on his chin, i was wondering what this is and if i should be doing anything about it? Here are pictures

oopztZf.jpg

s2hNhUL.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, you're taking very good care of him. :) The first thing to do when you see a spot is to try to wash it off. It's common for them to get a food stain [ and sometimes a poo stain ] here or there. So just get a wet washcloth or to be more thorough put him in a little tub of water + use a toothbrush to see if it comes right off.

BTW, your tank specs sound spot on but the cool side could be just a tad lower, like 26C.

Caine

Original Poster
Hi! Thank you for the advice. i tried brushing it off very gently with a small toothbrush dipped in water and it worked, it cleaned right off. Thanks for the advice! I was worried it was some type of fungal thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom