Black Crickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLSLeO

Hatchling Member
ok guys, so, i ordered roughly 500 crickets from backwaterreptiles.com, i got a great deal... only thing is a lot of the crickets arrived dead, making a mess when i dumped the crickets (thinking they were mostly alive because i didn't see any dead ones when i opened the box) in the cricket tank where i keep the little critters. anyways, i do not blame backwater at all, i assumed a large percentage would die during transport... i cleaned up as much of the dead guys as i could...

now i was wondering, is there a difference in feeding beardies black or brown?... i am confused... :banghead: or does the only thing that matter is gut loading appropriately?... i feed the crickets the little orange Flucker's Cricket complete diet, along with oatmeal, Collards, Squash, Zucchini, and whatever other veggies i feed my Beardie...

what do you guys think?... is this good? regardless of color?... or would color make a difference?...

warnisha

Juvie Member
hmmmm not sure.....I know I have heard that the black outside crickets are more aggressive? Not sure though. Just what sticks in my mind!

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
I don't think there's any difference between the black and brown- my beardie didn't like the brown crickets as they were too jumpy and she was a bit wary of them. I found the black to be calmer and slower so prefered the black over brown.

HLSLeO

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanx for the reply guys... i appreciate it, my little guy seems to like the black ones... he can just sit there and they pretty much walk up to him and he snatches them...

HLSLeO

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Damn dude!! That's crazy!!! I think I'm gonna replace the crickets then! :( I don't wanna risk this!

HLSLeO

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Only thing I'm wondering is, isn't backwater reptile a fairly respectable source for crickets? That's where I ordered them from... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom