Black Beards relocation from Davey Jones Locker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Anderson

Hello all,

This is my first time here and my first thread. I aimed at posting in the right area, but the descriptions were cu off and I didn't see the fourm descriptions somewhere else yet. I apologize if this is under the wrong area.

Myself and my wife were asked if we wanted a bearded dragon because the home he was in was neglectful and, luckily, they decided to rehome him. We thought it might be fun to have a bearded dragon so we accepted. He's certainly improved with regard to size and behavior, but we are struggling more and more and we're fairly certain he's still not quite getting the care he needs and certainly sure he's not getting the attention I'm sure he's longing for.

He's, no doubt, a survivor. We heard he was kept in a garage for a long time before we got him and I suspect he's survived a while on I sect's that make their way into his tank.

We've added to the environment and spruced things up a lot more, but he's still in the same large fish tank we got with him. The bottom glass is cracked, though. He came with some ballasts and lights. We've got a couple heat lights and a UV light.

Anyhow, we're looking to rehome him to someone who is experienced with bearded dragons because this one has gone a long time without the attention we've come to find they appreciate. We haven't handled him a whole lot and I'm not sure the extent he was before we got him. He's a lot less skittish than he used to be, but we can't keep him. To be honest, I'm not even sure how old he is. If I had to take a not-so-very-educated guess, I'd put him at a couple years, but I could be way off.

We are in Independence Oregon and you're welcome to all the husbandry that we have that he came with and that we've bought for him since. He'll likely need a new tank or a more suitable terrarium at some point.

Please text before calling, because we get a lot of scam calls, so we rarely answer the phone otherwise. (503) 871-7346
You're welcome to email as well.
[email protected]

I'll do my best to keep up on this thread until we complete this endeavor.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Black Beards current owners

Mr.Anderson

Original Poster
20220127_222023.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom