Black Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Yes females make their beards black as well as the male.

Here's a picture of my girl M&M black bearding and trying to bite. This was before she got her big beard in...

DSCF0441.jpg

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
The females do darken their beards, but they don't usually get jet black like a male does. Nor does the darkness normally go very far beyond the beard. Where with the male it may go as far as his shoulders, sides and belly.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Yes they can, she has done it numerous times to me now. I just don't have pictures of that.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Mistyck":bb6c6 said:
Yes they can, she has done it numerous times to me now. I just don't have pictures of that.

Funny girl doesn't she know she is a she? :lol:

Like I said usually they don't.....we all know with beardies they are constantly surprising us. :lol:
So we must always keep in mind that there will be exceptions. :roll:

My females will black beard, but it's just not as shiney jet black looking as my males. My females...only their beards turn black where Checker's(male) black will travel down his chest toward his belly an is blacker than black. :lol:

Jeremy11

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ya I have tried but he is only one year old. The bulge near the vent isn't apparent, but the tail does look like its indented and bulging out on the two sides slightly.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Jeremy11":d06be said:
Ya I have tried but he is only one year old. The bulge near the vent isn't apparent, but the tail does look like its indented and bulging out on the two sides slightly.
Do you have pic's?
You shouldn't have a problem at a year old telling the sex.
If the bulges are at the sides this would apparently appear as male. But a fat female can be deceiving. I have one female RD that if I didn't know better she looks male because she stores fat in the spot where the males hemi is.
Do you see femoral pores on his inner back legs?
Will look like a little line of small warts.

Jeremy11

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He's lean and fit not fat yet so I know thats not a problem, and ya the pores are there.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
fresnowitte":3ef96 said:
Mistyck":3ef96 said:

Funny girl doesn't she know she is a she? :lol:

Like I said usually they don't.....we all know with beardies they are constantly surprising us. :lol:
So we must always keep in mind that there will be exceptions. :roll:

My females will black beard, but it's just not as shiney jet black looking as my males. My females...only their beards turn black where Checker's(male) black will travel down his chest toward his belly an is blacker than black. :lol:

:lol: Oh she knows she's a she alright. It's just a matter of how big of a bleepitybleep she wants to be at any given time. She's blackbearded so bad that it's gone all the way to her chest and pitch black. She's a mean little bugger! :evil:

My other 2 females haven't blackbearded to that extent (yet :| ). They have flared, but nothing to the extent of my other female.

My male on the other hand....WHOA BUDDY! He's gone so black it goes down to his tummy and sides. Now that's when I know he's totally hacked off anyone and everyone who even so much as looks at him. He's only done it 2 times in the 3 years I've owned him, so I guess he's pretty laid back. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom