Black beard etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koggle

Hatchling Member
So just a little bit ago, my Beardies beard went pitch black, and half of her tail seems to have gone black as well. The tail isn't as dark as the beard, but it is still dark. Also for a while now she has had a weird coloured patch on her head? I'm not sure if this is in issue or not?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
We need a little more information than that.
Like describing his setup: lights (uvb and basking), temps, substrate, eating habits and size of enclosure.
Pics are also a great way to visually grasp what might be wrong, we are not here to critique, we are here to help your dragon.
Upload images to this link https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/
Then start a post and tap the XIMG tab and choose the pic

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
http://imgur.com/a/jmfQ2 - Pictures
UVB is a ReptiSun 10.0
Temps are around 90-100 in her basking side, with around 75-80 in her cool side.
The substrate is a reptile carpet.
Has around 10 super worms a day.
The tank is 40 gallons.
She is also around a year and a half old.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Sounds like she's a bit upset about something, lol! Your setup seems to be in order. Have you added anything to her viv or something new in the room? They don't do well with change.

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I added a few little decorations last week, which she was fine with. The thing I'm most concerned about though is the spot on her head, and the half black tail. And I forgot to mention, her urate in her poop earlier today was yellow instead of white?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Koggle":1ylwt25t said:
I added a few little decorations last week, which she was fine with. The thing I'm most concerned about though is the spot on her head, and the half black tail. And I forgot to mention, her urate in her poop earlier today was yellow instead of white?
Can you post some pics of the spots? Seeing them might help.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Koggle":39c63avo said:
I did in the previous message

She's BBing because he's upset about something - might be the changes to her tank. Or he hormones are starting to kick in.

The tail looks OK to me.

The discolouration on her head looks like a patch of shed forming.

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She has had that patch on her head for a long time now, so I wouldn't think it would be shed forming?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Koggle":2gdywjvs said:
http://imgur.com/a/jmfQ2 - Pictures
UVB is a ReptiSun 10.0
Temps are around 90-100 in her basking side, with around 75-80 in her cool side.
The substrate is a reptile carpet.
Has around 10 super worms a day. <<<< way too many .... he is likely impacted,when did he last poo ?
The tank is 40 gallons.
She is also around a year and a half old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom