Black beard, acting skittish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help! Cal was acting completely normal up until about an hour or two ago. It started when he was somewhat jumpy when I approached his tank to give him some squash, and when I showed it to him he backed away really quickly. I took him out of his tank and his beard started to turn gray, he was acting super jumpy and alert. I put him back to see if he would calm down. Its been an hour or so now and his beard is still black, and when I put my hand in his tank he seemed terrified! :( Poor guy, perhaps he is injured or suddenly ill? He has only eaten endive today, nothing has changed recently. He was his normal self earlier today. Is there something I can do to help? Im really worried :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Goodness, it just sounds like he got scared for some reason!
Have you ever offered the squash to Cal before? That is a very odd reaction indeed. I doubt he would be instantly ill though unless he ate something toxic.
Is he less nervous this evening, after he went potty?

Tracie

pogonavitticeps

Original Poster
Hello, thank you for replying. Yes we offer him squash every few days-its not his favorite but certainly nothing new. After pooping he seemed a lot better. I just checked on him and hes since wandered over to the squash I left in the cool corner of his tank, so I think it's safe to say he's better now! So thanks a lot but I dont think this is an emergency any longer, just a little scare :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great he is doing better! :D He must have just really been startled then, it happens sometimes.
I hope he is back to his normal self now. Let us know how he is doing!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom