Black baby beardie at pet store. Cause for concern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ack

Original Poster
Cool. I guess that means I should probably be bathing him often, but I've been trying to give him time to get used to his new environment and de-stress before I handle him. And I imagine his first bath might be even more stressful than being picked up. Maybe I'll try to slowly start easing him into handling and baths.

With the greens, he's not touching them from his bowl. If I take a piece and hold it in front of his head he'll sometimes take it from my hand, chew it for a few seconds, then spit it out. Then he won't take one again for a while. Not sure what's going on there. The pet store lady said he was eating his greens pretty well for her. He is eating crickets well, though.

Oriheme

Juvie Member
How old is he? Greens don't become a big part of their diet til they get older, don't get me wrong it is still important for them but don't worry too much if he focus's on crickets lol

Ack

Original Poster
I finally got some pictures of him! (or her?) The photo and the lighting make him look lighter colored than he actually is. It doesn't show up well in the pictures, but he has some really cool bright orange streaks down his sides and on his ear holes. Also his tail is lighter colored than the rest of him. Not sure what's up with that.

Here's his back:

8qdSpoW.jpg

and here's his belly with the stress marks:

1rUZlAG.jpg

roxiemom

Hatchling Member
Ack said:
I finally got some pictures of him! (or her?) The photo and the lighting make him look lighter colored than he actually is. It doesn't show up well in the pictures, but he has some really cool bright orange streaks down his sides and on his ear holes. Also his tail is lighter colored than the rest of him. Not sure what's up with that.

Here's his back:

8qdSpoW.jpg

1rUZlAG.jpg
[/quote
The tail looks like its going to shed! :) :blob8: :blob5: :-D

mvmercado

roxiemom":180lrqzd said:
Ack":180lrqzd said:

Here's his back:

8qdSpoW.jpg

1rUZlAG.jpg
[/quote
The tail looks like its going to shed! :) :blob8: :blob5: :-D
is he a red bearded dragon?

Ack

Original Poster
No idea. I got him from a pet store. He was a LOT darker than all of the other ones they had.

mvmercado

Ack":y05rhlzh said:
No idea. I got him from a pet store. He was a LOT darker than all of the other ones they had.

i got a baby red bearded dragon and this is the brightest ive seen him kind of looks like yours

ocozRqS.jpg

mvmercado

Ack":2pn5u2xh said:
here is another picture.
LujUJjI.jpg

mine has a maroonish red brown going down his back and the red is suppose to come out brighter as he shed. i so if your is the same then it should be a red bearded dragon

geostraub

Beautiful Beardie!! I am interested in your plants and furniture, can you take a picture of that and post it? Looks like a lot of fun for a beardie to climb on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom