Biting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woahamie

Hey everyone!
I haven't posted here in a while, but I'm back!
My Betsy is doing great, growing like crazy, buuuut... I seem to be noticing something.
Whenever I get near her, like put my hand inside her tank to get her, she opens her mouth really wide and tries to bite me. She already bit me once before :angry5:
Could it be that something is bothering her, or she just doesn't like me? /:

doe222

Juvie Member
gotta start taking her out more. at least once a day and let her get used to you. the biting doesnt hurt that bad mine bit me once only because i had a piece of banana on the tip of my finger :p. gunna have to man up about it :p. even if you take her out and just sit with her on your bed. its gunna take a while now thats shes more grown.

woahamie

Original Poster
I take her out almost everyday. She's used to being handled by me, so I don't know what's up with that.
But I guess I'll interact with her even more!

Try not to approach her from the top... Beardies have an instinctual sense to defend against predators that would attack from above. Try to approach her with your hand from the side, or in front of her... that might help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom