Biting dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

draco970

Hi, I am new to this. I acquired my bearded dragon ivy from a friend and I have had her about 5 months now. She has recently picked up a habit of associating my hand as food. It appears to be she is treating my hand the same way as her food. This is making it hard to handle her. She does not hiss or puff her beard. I am looking for advice on how to handle this misbehavior. She is not fed by hand anymore due to the biting.

Beardienatic

Hatchling Member
Hi!
You can try feeding her with tongs, or wearing a glove when feeding - so she associates the glove with food, and then if she bites it doesn't hurt as much. I think also just pick her up with a towel (or glove, preferably a different colour to your feeding glove), and handle her - at first just for 5 mins, then slowly increase to whatever you and your baby are comfortable with. Some bearded dragons really like water, so you could try giving her a bath.
Let us know how everything goes! :)

Lockhart

Try making a fist before actually making contact with her so that she knows that you're not food. Even if she attempts to bite your fist will be too big for her to do anything and she will learn the hard way. If you do this often she may become used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom