Bit worried, stopped eating as much and strange behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyrodragon

My beardie hasnt been himself the last week or so. He's about 8-9 months old and 16 inches. He usually loves his food and would eat 20-30 crickets a day, and was starting to enjoy his salads as well, but for the last week he has gone right off his food. He is still picking at things with a bit of persuasion (for example he ate maybe four superworms and a few waxworms yesterday, and one cricket, a superworm and another few waxworms today) but he just doesnt seem interested. He was also running around his viv just now, jumping up the sides, and it's not like him at all. The only thing he still really wants to eat is waxworms, but obviously i can't just keep feeding him those as they're not very good for them. His temps havent changed recently and everything else in the viv is the same as it always has been. The only other thing I can think of is his UV tube; I've had him for four months and his old owners told me it was a new tube when I bought him, but obviously I can't be sure of this. Could this be the problem? Any other suggestions? He's really worrying me :(

is he starting to shed?
it sounds like how many BD's get when they are starting or shedding.
I'd replace the bulb/tube anyway cause you never know. better to pay the extra bit and have a healthy beardie :)

Spyrodragon

Original Poster
Reposted as I think I posted in the wrong place last time:

My beardie hasnt been himself the last week or so. He's about 8-9 months old and 16 inches. He usually loves his food and would eat 20-30 crickets a day, and was starting to enjoy his salads as well, but for the last week he has gone right off his food. He is still picking at things with a bit of persuasion (for example he ate maybe four superworms and a few waxworms yesterday, and one cricket, a superworm and another few waxworms today) but he just doesnt seem interested. He was also running around his viv just now, jumping up the sides, and it's not like him at all. The only thing he still really wants to eat is waxworms, but obviously i can't just keep feeding him those as they're not very good for them. His temps havent changed recently and everything else in the viv is the same as it always has been. The only other thing I can think of is his UV tube; I've had him for four months and his old owners told me it was a new tube when I bought him, but obviously I can't be sure of this. Could this be the problem? Any other suggestions? He's really worrying me :(

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hello
So you hade a new tube when you got him at 4mos and now he is 9mos correct? If so I can tell you that this could certainly be the issue since even the best fluorescent tube is only good for 6mos.How are you measuring temps?What type of UVB tube are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom