Birth defect help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a clutch incubating, and low and behold my incubator acted up and spiked to a dangerous 110F!! I was pissed, thought they were all dead! But they hatched. And out of the 16-17 that hatched (out of 30) 3 hatched paralyzed. Now of these three each case was different. One hatched with a prolapse(little boy) and no function in his hind end and no feeling in his hind end. Another had no feeling or movement in his back legs. And the third (the oddest case) has a little bit of feeling/movement in his legs but not enough to move them. Also feeling in each tail of them all seemed to come and go. I'm contemplating putting them down as I feel they may not have a quality life and I'm not sure how they would grow. As well as freezing my other eggs (about 5 weeks into incubation) because of the risk with birth defects now. I'm also slightly embarrassed about this and would hate for my name to be associated with defects if I sold the defective animals! I understand that stuff happens even to the best but still I'm at a loss here of what to do. Any help/input on the case of these three?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom