Bird cage for outside cage...do you use one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Hi!
I am going to get a bird cage for Razzle (yes, I am aware of the irony :mrgreen: ) and wonder if anyone else does this for outside use?

I will place tile on the rungs of the bottom and put a basking branch in there. He can hang outside with our son when he is out playing and be able to get more out time that way :D

Just curious if anyone has pics of their beardie in a bird cage outside? LOL
I thought about building an enclosure out of screen...but he will get more rays this way :mrgreen:

~Sherri

jjh1

Juvie Member
I have never used one sorry I just take my beardies out on harnesses and let them walk around outside or bask on my shoulder or on my patio table they also have an umbrella for shade as well . But I am always there to watch them

Gail

BD.org Addict
I have used a bird cage before, I either put a towel down in the bottom or if possible, remove the bottom so the dragon can get on the grass.

Lauram63110

Juvie Member
I have one of those collapsible mesh cages for Lizzy that I put him in when we go outside. He also has a leash.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Gail":1rp5mo2a said:
I have used a bird cage before, I either put a towel down in the bottom or if possible, remove the bottom so the dragon can get on the grass.

Hi Gail! I was JUST about to post a message to you! How are you doing?

How is Jupiter and Little Piggy...what is her name? Is that it? I hope I did not miss a post of yours :mrgreen:

I bet the puppies are keeping you entirely busy :D

LOL about grass. I WISH we only have dead dry grass and often ants :shock: I can't let Razz on the grass b/c I can not always be certain there are not a ton of ants going by :( :shock: The drought is awful...I think we will be pushing 60 straight days over 100°. It is close to 80° in the morning already so Razz does not get out often yet. Once it cools down we will start taking him out every day for extended times.

So, I need to get something for him. We have been using a kiddie pool when we do go out, but he is getting big enough that he will be able to jump out of it very soon! :mrgreen: :roll: That is a good thing though!

When he is a bit older we will take him to a park etc where the grass is greener...

I am going to make his leash this weekend (I hope!) so that he can ride on our sons' shoulder and go for walks that way, the ground is waay to hot now for any bare feet, human or lizard to walk on LOL.

~Sherri

fez09

Extreme Poster
Sherri, I use an all wire dog crate and an old guinea pig cage for my dragons outside so I'm sure a bird cage would work...I am going to build an enclosure this fall that I can use next summer. I have 11 (not counting the babies) so taking turns rotating outside is very time consuming!

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
WOW! Oh my goodness! 11 :shock: That is wonderful :D I thought the birdcage would be the easiest to find :D

I want to be sure the rays get to him well....when it is a bit cooler LOL

I see you are in Seattle. We lived in Walla Walla for years...my husbands family is still there LOL A world away from Seattle even though the miles are not that far :)

You MUST have a written schedule for all your beardies! LOL

I really need to go to your thread now that I see you have a *few* posts (LOL) and read all about you :mrgreen:

~Sherri

Gail

BD.org Addict
Oh, the drought must be terrible. I don't do well with heat or a lot of dry, hope it rains soon for you guys:(

Jupiter ate a bunch of supers yesterday and a couple red runner roaches today. I was gone most of the day and I honestly didn't have time to see if he would take any dubia. Tomorrow will be a much more relaxed day and I'm hoping that he will eat the dubia on his own, if not he can have supers since I juts got a new order in.

Pig, short for spider pig is doing really well. she is grow fast and developing great orange coloration. Unfortunately she is not taming down, in fact she is become more aggressive. I really don't know what to do with her, if she does end up being truly mean which is rare with a dragon then I don't want her. Probably not the nicest thing for me to say but I greatly dislike pets that want to eat me, its a shame really as she would produce fantastic babies with Jupiter. She has a year to get over her attitude, then she might have to go to a breeder, she really does have great genetics.

The pups are quite a handful, my daughter is visiting so her dog is here too (he is puppies daddy), its been really wild the last few days. I've also taken in a sick snake and two little tiny sulcata tortoises, I'll be fostering them for awhile.

I actually put the torts in the bird cage today, I don't have a UVB for them yet so real sun it is.

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Hey Sherri!

When I moved back to Seattle from Northern Virginia I had my three cats in a medium sized collapsible dog crate much like this one
pPETS-7424396t400.jpg

Since I've gotten Nezzie and Dresden, I have put Nezzie in the cage with a blanket over part of it for sun, a hide, and a water bowl. I think she enjoyed it. Last time I had her out in it for a couple hours while I was cleaning and she seemed to enjoy it. I finally knew she was done with being outside when she started nosing the bars. I can't put Dresden in it yet as he's still small enough to slip through the bars. My leases for Ogle Reptiles should be here this week so I can take him out for a longer period of time.

I keep my eyes open at thrift stores to see if there are any available there. I've also looked at CL, but nothing really sparked my interest yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom