Big crickets for Bigger boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
I'm still uncertain but I believe I have two boy beardies. They have been growing very quickly and we are moving onto large crickets. My question is how many should I order? They have become great salad eaters but are way too young to switch to the 80% already. I don't want to order too many. Any suggestions??

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you give us the ages of your "boys"? That will help determine how many to feed. The crickets should be no larger than the space between their eyes.

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I purchased them both the last week in December and they were very little. I would say they are about 5-6 months old. Cooper is 12" snout to tail end. He is only 5 1/2 in from snout to vent. Palmer is about the same.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They are probably both too small yet for large crickets. Medium sized would probably be better. Are they each eating about 60 to 80 a day?

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
They are eating about 50 a piece and salad of some type each day, with the occasional wax worms. Now that weather is better I want to start ordering different worms for a staple

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a good idea. I would recommend ordering at least 500 crickets if that's mainly the feeder you want to go with now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom