Big boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey.
Whenever I show someone a picture of Harold they make a comment that he is huge. I know beardies can get up to 24" (bigger if part German giant) but he's only about 20" and almost 1 year old. I figure he's normal sized but then comparing him to other pictures on here he does seem large? Ideas? Also I know he's a little chubby. He loves to eat. We're working on it slowly ;)
86144-2386925072.jpg
86144-2324089855.jpg
86144-6526276767.jpg

CJuddy

Original Poster
Skipper7":1x1b9vmk said:
Wow! He is big. He looks pretty healthy. What are you feeding him?
He eats as much as he wants once every other day. I alternate between crickets, mealworms, superworms and Phoenix worms. As treats he gets horned worms, butters and wax worms but not often. Daily salad consists of a staple, usually dandelion greens, and a treat (kale,fruit,parsley).
Calcium dust on every bug feeding (3-4 times a week) and usually on one or two salads.
I use a huge variety of treats in salad (different one daily) so he gets an assortment of vitamins. I do not dust with a multivitamin as with the range of food he eats it's hard to calculate the amount of vitamin a he's already consumed. Better to be safe than sorry.

CJuddy

Original Poster
86144-231476604.jpg
Not sure why it uploaded upsidedown but here is a picture of his face and head. He loves cuddling almost as much as eating.

Minimum3

Hatchling Member
I bet it's just a genetic thing. I wouldn't worry. He could just be a big boy. Like my 5'2 mom and 5'7 dad had three boys that all are over 6 feet tall. I wouldn't worry.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
OMG!!! I think we just found out what happened to the Knights of the realm, lol! Harold ate them, llmao! He is a big'n!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom