Big Behavioural Changes in an Adult Dragon??? Please Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately my bearded has had some big changes in her behaviour. She has always done a little digging, but now she has one whole end of her viv completely dug out. She is also wall surfing a lot more than she usually has. She has been refusing to eat for a bit as well. She has also been more keen to get away from me while she is out of her viv. Today, she did NOT want to be picked up, she was bearding, and hissing with her mouth wide open, so I let her be. Later today I went to check up on her, and she let me pick her up, but then bearded and hissed and actually tried to bite me. She has never tried to bite, and she has been very calm since I adopted/rescued her about a year ago. This is a really big behaviour change, and I'm really worried about her. Anything you can think of as to why she is acting like this??? Anything and everything helps at this point!! Thanks!!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sounds very much like she's carrying eggs + needs a lay box. Get a medium plastic storage tote [ about 2 feet long, 20" high + 20" wide or so] Fill it about 10" with playsand from Walmart/ Lowe''s. Add water + mix to make it damp but not wet, pile some up high on one end + start a tunnel by hand. Put her in there ASAP, try to get it together tonight or early tomorrow.

You can also make a smaller box that can fit in her tank....here's a pic of mine. Cut a hole in the lid for access.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30026/full

heyitsgina

Original Poster
So I made a lay box as you said... and I put her in there. She is really aggressive, even more so now that I have put her in the lay box... She is only trying to escape the box, she isn't digging at all. I'm honestly really worried about her, and thought about taking her to the vet but the closest herp vet is upwards of 2 hours from my hometown, and I have no way to get there...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They don't always start digging right away, especially because the laybox is an all new thing to her. Can you post pics of her and the laybox ?

Just give it some time and she may start to dig rather than just trying to escape. Here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload pics

heyitsgina

Original Poster
92513-9576640743.jpg
92513-7047599787.jpg

so I used another video as well to make the laybox, and it said that a cardboard box would help the cave not fall in on her while she is digging so I put one in there for her... right after I posted the last reply I went to the bathroom for no longer than like 3 minutes and she was out of the box, I don't know how she did that. but I had to chase her to get her back in and she hissed and bearded and tried to bite me... She just seems really angry at everything right now

heyitsgina

Original Poster
Okay so she has been in the box for around five hours and she did nothing but hiss at me and try to escape... so I put her back in her viv and immediately she started digging again. She is still angry and aggressive whenever I put my hand in the viv, which is so odd bc she used to come to my hand bc she loves to be pet? I don't know I'm confused and I would just like to know that she's okay and that she's not sick or in danger of any kind bc she's my baby..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom