BIG beardies photos, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezismom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Here is my new sweet girl and future Big Beardie, Penny! She eats like she is trying to be as big as possible. :):)

82765-9742809995.jpg

Sadly, she does know how to black beard... She was completely black when I rescued her from a bad situation....She was in such rough shape, I would not introduce her to the forum until now, for I feared she may not live long. I think of how terrified, frail and sick she looked when I brought her home, and tears are in my eyes. But, after several weeks of love and care, she is looking good, and ready to be shown to everyone! yay, Penny! She is one tough little fighter, and she wanted to live! We have some work ahead of us to build her up, and help heal her trust issues, but I am in it with her all the way. And she will never be so afraid again. I can promise her that.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Yeah future Big Girl!!!! You are a lucky girl to have the Mommy you picked! She is beautiful and in that pic she looks like she knows she is special and is looking to find some trouble.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
kingofnobbys":316graca said:
Fond memory : Peppa at 5 weeks old
PC190178.jpg

this was her on her first day with us , only 13.9g and already loved being handled , and boy did she love her crickets and silkworms (and even the green stuff and the softened mix of RepCal juvi beardie pellets and VetaFarm lizard pellets).

She's always been very sweet natured. I don't think she even knows how do a blackbeard.

Wow its amazing to me how different they can grow up to look! I am still new to the beardie slave lifestyle and they sure are one of the most amazing creatures I have ever met!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
dezismom":onsmcu41 said:
Here is my new sweet girl and future Big Beardie, Penny! She eats like she is trying to be as big as possible. :):)

82765-9742809995.jpg

Sadly, she does know how to black beard... She was completely black when I rescued her from a bad situation....She was in such rough shape, I would not introduce her to the forum until now, for I feared she may not live long. I think of how terrified, frail and sick she looked when I brought her home, and tears are in my eyes. But, after several weeks of love and care, she is looking good, and ready to be shown to everyone! yay, Penny! She is one tough little fighter, and she wanted to live! We have some work ahead of us to build her up, and help heal her trust issues, but I am in it with her all the way. And she will never be so afraid again. I can promise her that.
Aww!!! :love10: :love5: :love10: :love5: She is beautiful! I Hope she thrives with you and Dezi (but don't let her near Dezi when she's that small). :D

View media item 60435 This is my Future big guy, Gizmo. We first got him when he was around 2 1/2" and around .04 oz lol, (the breeder said he was 3 months old) He's now seven months old and 3 1/2" and is .08 oz. He's growing, very slowly, but he's growing. :D

Anglin237

95230-5643730569.jpg

Leo says hello. She's 21 inches now and 10 months old. She is getting the to be a rotten lizard, insisting on being out as soon as breakfast is done and not wanting to go back till bed time. We love to take her to town and she loves the attention she gets when we do.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Lol she's the boss and she knows it. :lol: :)

dezismom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Leo, you are a magnificent, BIG beardie!! ?? Welcome to the BIG beardie thread!

I can see why she gets so much attention when she is out with you -she would certainly have my attention! And at her age, she may still do some growing...When I take my big boy Dezi out and carry him around on my shoulder, people definitely notice. He is accustomed to all the attention, and is fine with people doting over him. I usually do not mind, and spend some time educating people about how much work, time, and expense goes into one of these beauties. But when I am trying to make a quick in and out of a store, it is kind of hard to conceal a two foot long dragon under my shirt, ha, ha! His tail hangs out of even the longest shirts I own...we do have a travel bag, originally for a small dog, that looks like a designer bag. He gets very happy when he is put in it, because he knows it means he gets to go somewhere with me. Have lizard, will travel!

Dezi is ready to go!
82765-8577291523.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol yeah, My Beardies love to go out and about, and It can be hard to go unnoticed with a almost neon orange/red beardie (Cisco gets to an almost neon color when out in the sun) that's around 19" Lol. :roll:

Lol I Really can't go into a petstore or other animal friendly place without having lots of people comment on Cisco's colors and size, or ask me why Loki Is doing a bobbing contest with an iguana (Long story from a recent Repticon trip Lol :roll: :lol:) Or Awe at how calm and sweet Daisy is. and My beardies just sit back and relax, They also love to be pet by people to that also helps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom