Best worm...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcolton

Hatchling Member
I have been feeding Evie crickets since I got her (along with her salads) but I have been reading a lot about other worms, silkworms...hornworms...waxworms...etc

Evie is about 5 months old, and she loves her crickets. She jumps around like crazy when I am dusting them and eats a ton of them in just a few minutes. What would you recommend for worms for her? Also should I order them online, and do I give them to her everyday with salads or do I give the worms as at treat every few days.

Thanks!

obi

alcolton":1ndl5jpl said:
I have been feeding Evie crickets since I got her (along with her salads) but I have been reading a lot about other worms, silkworms...hornworms...waxworms...etc

Evie is about 5 months old, and she loves her crickets. She jumps around like crazy when I am dusting them and eats a ton of them in just a few minutes. What would you recommend for worms for her? Also should I order them online, and do I give them to her everyday with salads or do I give the worms as at treat every few days.

Thanks!

Silkworms are good choice since they can be used as staple, hornworms are also a viable choice. Waxworms are more of a treat. Just be prepared for messy poops since the worms are more "juicier" then crickets. Unless you have a pet store that sells the worms ordering online is the only option.

Vermundor

Hatchling Member
What the user above said is good.

You can also try reptiworms (aka phoenix worms). They're the right size for a baby and they just need to be kept in a cool area. Repti's has tons of calcium, you won't have to powder them with calcium as often as you usually do.

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Or butterworms, they have a little more fat but not much compared to wax worms. They also have a fruity/buttery smell that dragons seem to love.

Kalyn

alcolton

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I am going to go online tomorrow and try to order some worms for her. She has no idea the goodness she will be getting soon! :)

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Its not that meal worms chew or bite the dragon. They have a hard shell which could cause impaction, and they have a low meat to shell ratio. They also have low nutritional value.

I agree with the above posters about silks, phoenix worms, butters, and hornworms, and when shes atleast 16 inches, super worms.

alcolton

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
What websites do you order your worms from? And does it matter which one I use as a staple? Between silkworms, horn worms or phoenix worms. And do you just give them as many as they can eat in 10 to 15 minutes?

And I know that the phoenix worms have a lot of calcium, so should I just not dust them? Or just dust them every other time I feed her?

Thanks!

Ostrommaysi

Hatchling Member
I tend to order my worms from http://www.mulberryfarms.com/

They have a good assortment of worms and I've had a good run with them. Vitti tends to favor Hornworms and I've always gotten good healthy ones. I'd recommend them wholeheartedly.

Though for the holiday season they've ditched their USPS shipping. Which means you have to deal with expensive Fed EX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom