Best way to promote egg laying in laybox? (Advice needed)

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys my Amber is being extremely stubborn she is ready to lay her 4th clutch this year. She wants NOTHING to do with her laybox which is fresh and will only be the 2nd time she has used it.

She just wants out constantly I thought I got lucky this morning when she didn't even bask she just went right in her laybox. But she came out shortly afterwards and wanted out of her enclosure again. I know she needs to lay them im just not sure how I can help her out when she refuses to use her laybox. She is nesting pretty hard digging and scratching every thing she can I mean she was good with the box her last 3 clutches no problem.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Maybe put it on a mat or rug outside her habitat or something? I saw pics once of a beardie that laid in a flower bed, maybe let her dig outside if you can do safely.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Maybe put it on a mat or rug outside her habitat or something? I saw pics once of a beardie that laid in a flower bed, maybe let her dig outside if you can do safely.
It's rainy outside today but I'll keep that in mind I took her laybox out of her enclosure maybe that'll help since she doesn't wanna be in her enclosure at all

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeenaD11
Top Bottom