Best place to buy Phoenix worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ226

Topic kinda says it all. Just wondering what the best website is to buy Phoenix worms from? I live in Minnesota so I don't know if that will have a impact on things. I'm just sick of housing crickets and buying crickets so much. Any information would be great help!!!! THANKS!!!!

Youkai

Hatchling Member
Go straight to the source... http://www.phoenixworm.com :mrgreen:
I've been getting mine from them for some time now and the service is outstanding. The worms are awesome, they are very much alive and fat/juicy, and I swear there are always more than 100 in the "100 count" cups!!

One thing to note though, PW's do NOT handle cold weather AT ALL and it's extremely difficult to ship them when the temps are low. You could inquire about having them sent to your local Post Office and held there for pick up, I believe PW.com will do that, but otherwise I think they are holding shipments until it gets a little warmer.
At least in my area (single digit temps and below) they can't risk shipping them to me. Your mileage may vary.. :wink:

Hope that helps

0mega9401

Hatchling Member
DONT DO IT! pw's are great and all they are having a really hard time shipping right now because the weather "side note they are super expensive"
do yourself a favor and get some dubias and a tuber ware container and let them be for a couple of moths and u wotn have to worry about feeders for a while.

"really quick if have pw's sent to the post office they wont guarantee live arrival and theres no way to get your money but and you cant cancel your order"

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Phoenix worms are a very good feeder because they are very high in calcium, so that's probably the reason why they are a little more expensive than some other worms. It's true that they don't handle cold temps very well but I know from experience that superworms don't either. http://www.phoenixworm.com/ seems to be a great place to deal with and http://www.mulberryfarms.com gets their phoenix worms from them also. I have used mulberry farms multiple times and they do guarantee live delivery especially if send to the post office because they know that they will be inside where it's heated. When I rec'd the dead supers from the cold weather, I contact mulberry farms and they replaced every one of them and even sent me extras with my next order.

It's a good idea to feed more than one live feeder to keep your beardies interested so I also have dubias. They are another great feeder except it does take a while before you can establish a good sized colony in order to be able to feed them. So, having some phoenix worms on hand or even silkies, horns, or butters would be a good idea. Mulberry farms carries all of those.

EJ226

Original Poster
Thanks for the fast replies everybody. That's what I was thinking about the whole cold weather thing. If I could get a guarente for them being alive at the post office I would just pick them up from there since I live 2 blocks from it. As for the dubias, my girlfriend just won't fly with the idea of having those in the house. Plus since it's a townhouse, I doubt the owner would be thrilled too. lol

ozric

i had them hold my order at the post office, and when i picked it up all the worms were alive and well. and this was when it had been in the 20's or less for two straight weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom