Best bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

firewoman

I have read some on this forum about which bulb is the best for a beardie and as a result ordered a Megaray from Reptile UV. Unfortunately I ordered the bulb back in December 2012 and didn't receive it until February 4th of this year. When I opened the package and installed it in my fixture, it didn't work. I tried it in two other fixtures with the same results. I called Bob Mac at Reptile UV and was told, "Well it worked when it left here." Except that it was shipped from North Carolina to California and didn't work when it arrived. He has been ignoring my calls and emails ever since. I still need a new bulb and will not be dealing again with these chuckleheads.

What is the best bulb that I can actually expect to receive in a reasonable amount of time and have it work when it gets here?

LLLReptile

Juvie Member
I personally use ZooMed Powersun bulbs at home, and as a company we use them in the stores as well. They're sturdy, they work extremely well, and for a mercury vapor bulb they're relatively small. They ALSO come with a 10 day guarantee from us, and a 1 year warranty from ZooMed - and ZooMed will take care of you if you do have an issue and it's not covered under our guarantee. We sell TONS of the bulbs and the few times people do have issues, they have always been well taken care of and the bulbs promptly replaced, so if you do end up having a problem they will certainly take care of you.

-Jen

On my bearded dragon enclosures i use repti sun 10.0 bulbs and they last a long time and will work when you get them, i have never had a problem, also the UK is now shipping there arcadia bulbs to the USA there bulbs are really good and put out a really good amount of uvb also they last a long time, personally i would go repti sun because there a little cheaper plus will ship faster and are good quality. :D :blob8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom