Belly hang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracneya

Just got a couple rescues, one of them eats amazingly. Dubia roaches and his greens. He is malnourished, his tail is very thin. However I noticed his belly hangs? Like he's bloated?
Is he eating too much for being malnourished? Should he be eating a small amount of dubias and some baby food?
His brother is worse off and he's strictly on baby food atm so I do have the means.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Beardies tend to have big hanging bellies. However, he could be slightly bloated. Maybe ease into the dubias. Try slightly smaller portions per feeeding. Keep us updated!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you think he could be impacted possibly?
As suggested, maybe break up the feedings to several a day. Be sure the insects are no larger than the space between the eyes, too. Since he may not be used to so much food, go easy on his feedings to let his system catch up some. A little bit of baby food for him would be ok.
The other one that is strictly on the baby food you can slowly introduce insects when it appears he is digesting well.
On both of them, monitor their urate output to be sure their kidneys are functioning optimally.

Do you have pictures of them?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom