Beethoven Doesn't Like To Be Held..

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjones18

My BD doesn't like to be held. I have had him for about 2 months and every time I try holding him he jumps around the cage trying to get away from me.. and ideas? I would really like to hold him and give him love..

P.S i have held him sometimes, but he is always jumpy.. He has poofed up one time at my dog but now every time I hold him i make sure the dog is out of the room and the door is closed..

BruinsFab

pjones18":35p9yjd8 said:
My BD doesn't like to be held. I have had him for about 2 months and every time I try holding him he jumps around the cage trying to get away from me.. and ideas? I would really like to hold him and give him love..

P.S i have held him sometimes, but he is always jumpy.. He has poofed up one time at my dog but now every time I hold him i make sure the dog is out of the room and the door is closed..

How often do you attempt to hold him? Are you coming in from the front of the cage or from above? Does he generally seem frightened when you are in the room, feeding/cleaning/etc?

I find that if I just point a finger at my little guy, and slowly come at him from (his) eye level and slowly stick my finger under his belly he just hugs it and I take him right out. Easy! And it on their terms, so to speak.

I wouldn't imagine any small animal liking a giant paw from the sky coming down, squeezing and essentialy trapping them in a death grip. Then ripping them from home and taking them to some new foreign universe.....

pjones18

Original Poster
I try at least once a day (depending on how jumpy he is) and i make sure he can see my finger coming at him slowly.. and i only do it when my hands are warm so he doesn't get cold... than afterwords i feed him his food..

.....Any ideas?

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello :). Try putting a piece of your clothing in the tank. Let it sit in there for a couple. Days he will get your smell from it. And then slowly put your hand in the tank and let him come to you. Bonding can take some time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aleyna
Top Bottom